Oscraps

NBK Design Technique Challenge 06/11 - 06/24

margje

The O is awesOme
Hello all,
I’m happy to bring you another technique challenge.
This time we are going to focus on the Pattern Stamp Tool.
It’s fun to be creative with your photo and use this tool to create a page.
We are going to define a pattern from our photo and stamp it in a new document to use it in our layout! I believe the use is pretty much the same for PSE!

Let us start by picking a wonderful photo for this! I think a sharp photo that hasn’t much clutter,or things going on in the background would be best. If your photo isn’t sharp or hasn’t much contrast you can enhance your photo a little with the Levels or Curves Adjustment Layers.
Here you can see how I prepared my photo. I also turned it into Black and White. If you want your multiple stamps that the pattern creates not to big, you have to resize your photo to around 400 by 200 px.

fFVrF5w.jpg

Then go to Edit -Define Pattern. You see a box pop up where you can give your pattern a name and then click OK!

LoplrNG.jpg

Now in your new scrapbook document, you can make a stamp of your pattern on a new layer! (This new layer is important because it will make it easy to make creative use of your stamps later)
You can find the Pattern Stamp Tool under the Clone Stamp Tool in the Tools Panel. (In PSE you have to look at the bottom I believe)

IwPOrq2.jpg

Now all you have to do is choose your brush and your color and select the pattern you just made! Stamp away. You can adjust things to taste. You have more options with the brushes and opacity. Here is my stamp!
And now take your page tot he next level! Be creative! Use (different) colors on your stamps or different photo treatments even a mask can do a great job! I’m so curious where you come up with!

wYikEQw.jpg

Here is my final page:
You see I experimented with some different brushes, and their opacity. I placed some Artsy bits and Magic Lights and played with the Blending Modes. It is really fun to let your stamps lead you the way for inspiration and see where it will bring you!

Delightful collection

And here is some inspiration from our CT:

From Jane

Edar2Ca.jpg

Delightful collection

From Trish

yyejtg9.jpg

ArtCrush5

Prize: You can win a 4 $ coupon in the technique challenge!
Rules:
• Make a layout using the Pattern Stamp Tool
• Layout needs to contain some NBK Design products.
• Layouts need to be uploaded to NBK GALLERY by Sunday, June 24
• Layouts need to be linked back to this thread by Sunday, June 24

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamie loulou 4

merci pour ce challenge, je viens de découvrir une nouvelle méthode pour me servir de l'outil tapon de clönage, j'ai beaucoup aimé
enjoy24.jpg

nightshadow

Elaina/aka Nightshadow
I used the Chinese character for "hope" to create my pattern stamp. I loved learning this technique. Thank you.

NBK-Design

:cheer2:WOW I am truly stunned by all those artistic Layouts. thank you girls for all the creativity you share with the community

margje

The O is awesOme
what a great technique- I never would have done this on my own, thank you!

What an awesome effect on your page! Love that sweet dog! It is fun to do some new things and techniques! That is what this challenge is for! Happy you liked it!