Oscraps

My first real harvest from my garden

Jeannette

CHEERY O
We had, and still have a dry period. Some rain fell the last week, but not enough after a long and warm period without anyy rain!
This resulted everything to grow slower than usual, everything is late.
But I did harvest my first vegetables from my garden last week: beans, zucchini and Swiss chard.
It's does feel special to eat your own vegetables, and yes, they are better than the vegetables you by in store.
Do you harvest vegetables from you own garden?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
When I had a yard I had a small garden with tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, and more. Now that I live in a condo with only a balcony, I haven't grown anything until this year when I thought I'd try a patio tomato. we'll see how it goes!

Kythe

CHEERY O
I have read that you can grow potatoes in pots. My mom had a hanging planter that had tiny tomatoes that grew upside down.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That IS such a wonderful feeling to eat the veggies you've grown yourself. I had some major tomatoe plants going and some critter are all of them. We live in the country, so we don't know if was the deer or not. My son-in-law said it was probably racoons. The deer ate all of my daughter's hydrangeas - we all live on about 50 acres, but our houses are fairly close together. We put repellent out and I hope they don't get my beans. I'm just hoping they don't get my hydrangeas - mine are right up by the front porch, so I think they'd be afraid to come up so close to the house.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
It is great to eat the veggies from your own garden! I'm not a fan of gardening, however! I can't spend a lot of time in the sun as I get overheated very easily, so I have tried gardening in a 3-tier box. It's obviously not the same as directly in the ground as I don't have much success with it. The only gardening I'm doing this year are tomatoes that came up voluntarily! If they live, they live. If they produce, fine. They actually are producing quite a bit but only a few have ripened so far.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good for you. I know that homegrown tastes so much better. I used to grow tomatoes and they were so much better than the store.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I have read that you can grow potatoes in pots. My mom had a hanging planter that had tiny tomatoes that grew upside down.
That's true. You can also grow strawberries like that, and peppers and cucumbers.
@AZK I hope you wil get some nice tomtatoes!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
That IS such a wonderful feeling to eat the veggies you've grown yourself. I had some major tomatoe plants going and some critter are all of them. We live in the country, so we don't know if was the deer or not. My son-in-law said it was probably racoons. The deer ate all of my daughter's hydrangeas - we all live on about 50 acres, but our houses are fairly close together. We put repellent out and I hope they don't get my beans. I'm just hoping they don't get my hydrangeas - mine are right up by the front porch, so I think they'd be afraid to come up so close to the house.
Awh, I'm so sorry for you. I remember are first dog loved the tomatoes and ate them whenever we were not watching.
The dog we have now likes the strawberries. :mad:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This year I am only growing tomatoes. I have three plants with different varieties, all small ones.
I used to do more veggies. I have tried zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, and beans. Only the cucumbers really took off. The critters usually eat everything before they are ready. I had a few tomatoes ripening last week and then found them on the ground, half-eaten.
I have a few more almost ready that I hope to grab today but if the chipmunks/birds get to them first, at least they are feeding someone :)

*gina*

CHEERY O
We have some spices such as chives, garlic, onions and a lot of fruits like apples, pears, plums, goji berries and potatoes, yacon sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichoke

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
We only have a very small garden and and I don't really have a green thumb...
What I do have is a container of herbs… rosemary, mint, basil, parsley, thyme, chives, dill…