Oscraps

missing new posts?

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
Hi there, If I click on new layouts when I log on to the gallery, will I get all the new layouts? Is this the correct procedure? I think I may be missing some of the layouts....thanks Debra

RJMJ

@Hamer Lodge I just popped over & checked that out...Now I don't know about anybody else's layouts...but I have uploaded 3 layouts on May 1 & May 2...& not one showed up there?...Weird?...Not sure...I've never used that function before...Could mention it to Ona perhaps if you like me to...

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi Debra and Rhonda............... lol! have never used that particular link so am not familiar with it. When you first click on Gallery (before clicking anything else) the default view is the Members Gallery, which shows you all the latest layouts HOWEVER, you need to remember to actually add your layout to the Members Gallery when you upload your layout.......... so for instance, if you upload your layout to a challenge gallery only, then it won't show in the Members Gallery............ so just remember, when you are uploading, use the Show Categories function to click on the extra galleries you want to add your layout to.

With my last layout, it was for Challenge #5 so I selected that gallery as my main gallery to upload to, then I added my layout to the Members Gallery, the Cheery O Gallery, and the two designers Manu Designs Studio and Vicki Robertson.

If you look at the guide Uploading a Layout to the Gallery you will see the Show Categories area at Step 5b.

Hope that helps. :)

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Hi Debra and Rhonda............... lol! have never used that particular link so am not familiar with it. When you first click on Gallery (before clicking anything else) the default view is the Members Gallery, which shows you all the latest layouts HOWEVER, you need to remember to actually add your layout to the Members Gallery when you upload your layout.......... so for instance, if you upload your layout to a challenge gallery only, then it won't show in the Members Gallery............ so just remember, when you are uploading, use the Show Categories function to click on the extra galleries you want to add your layout to.

With my last layout, it was for Challenge #5 so I selected that gallery as my main gallery to upload to, then I added my layout to the Members Gallery, the Cheery O Gallery, and the two designers Manu Designs Studio and Vicki Robertson.

If you look at the guide Uploading a Layout to the Gallery you will see the Show Categories area at Step 5b.

I just learned something, Ona! I've never posted to the Members Gallery, just the Cheery O Gallery. I'll start doing that too.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I just learned something, Ona! I've never posted to the Members Gallery, just the Cheery O Gallery. I'll start doing that too.
Betty Jo, I think, while you were away, we had the extra gallery modules added which allowed us to add our layout to more than one gallery. When you were here before we could only upload to the one gallery. :) Just follow that guide that I linked above. :)

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Will do, Ona @wombat146 . Thanks. I've managed to upload to all the other necessary galleries, but never thought to upload to the member's one. Will check the link to see what else I've been missing. :rolleyes:

RJMJ

@wombat146 Thanks for the info Ona...but I always add my layouts to the Members Gallery every time...I always have...I went back & checked again & they are all in the Members Gallery...Apparently it doesn't make a difference in my case...the layouts I posted...none of them show up there under that "New Layouts" category...weird...:(...

scrap-genie

This is odd. I've never added my challenge LOs to the Members Gallery. But...they do appear in the main Gallery link but not the What's New one.

timounette

CHEERY O
Thanks Ona for the remind. I added only in the cheery'O gallery and never in the member gallery. I will now.

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
Actually I have found many of the layouts are only in the challenge gallery and not in the members gallery and I have missed so many beautiful layouts that deserve being viewed and applauded. I wonder if everyone realizes that perhaps not everyone is seeing their masterpiece...lol I guess I will need to look through all the galleries from now on

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well the gallery was a new module that was added on late last year so there are still a lot things we are learning about, but as you can imagine there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that needs to be done on a daily basis so it is something we need to look into further down the track. For now I would just click on the gallery link and not worry too much about the 'new layouts' link............. you will also find that a lot of people have bookmarked their own galleries and in most cases they just come in through those. But we will take a look and try to see what is happening behind the scenes when we get a chance. :)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I think it only shows you the new ones since your last visit and if you uploaded your layouts on your last visit, they are no longer new to you.

Look at the "Show only: Unviewed"

1651706420806.png

Click it to remove the filter

1651706450649.png

It should then show you ALL of the latest layouts.