Oscraps

May Art Journaling Challenge Week 3

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Welcome to our May Art Journaling Challenge - and our topic we will be delving into is the prompt RENEW.

I am so sorry this is late, please forgive me. I had a crazy weekend and didn't remember the dates!

This week I want you to focus on Renewing your Mindset. It could be about any aspect of your life, or it can just be a general page about changing mindsets! We sometimes limit ourselves when we stay in the same ruts. If you have an aspect of your life that you know you need a mindset shift, think about doing it, and maybe even making a page out of your thought process to decide to do it! Remember - it's all what YOU feel and how this inspires you!

Here are some quotes I found while surfing the web:
1. Life's challenges are inevitable. We have to prepare mentally by renewing our mind with inspiration daily to be able to cope when the situation arise. At the mercy of grace; My mind renewed.

2. When we renew our minds, we grow.

3. Unless you believe that you can become the best version of yourself, you never will.

4. A true attitude of gratitude makes us feel renewed every moment of every day.

5. Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling. ~ Deborah Day

You can choose to do a single page each week, or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post one done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week.

Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.

Here is a mood/inspiration board:

May3_24MoodBoard.jpg

And here is my page on the topic:

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.​

I can't wait to see what you have to share about the prompt RENEW.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31st to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

pachimac

CHEERY O
Okay, after seeing your beautiful layout, I was afraid to post mine. Here is my layout and how God Renewed me.

Why would you be afraid to post that? It has wonderful quotes and it is your journey! There is no good or bad, there is no right or wrong. I’m so glad that you have joined us!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Okay, after seeing your beautiful layout, I was afraid to post mine. Here is my layout and how God Renewed me.

Tracy, NEVER be afraid to post your layout. It's about how you feel, and this is a no judgement zone, remember? Your layout is wonderful!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Susie @pachimac what a wonderful challenge, your intro and mood board are perfect as always. Your layout is wonderful and I can't wait to delve into your challenge.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I know that but I dont know that. My layout was so dark compared to Susies that it gave me pause. But I posted anyway. Those darn scrap police. I swear half, okay 99% , of my struggle is in my mind. Thank you.
It's all okay, Tracy. I'm so glad you posted yours anyway. We all have our own feelings and our own "style" if you will. This is just about getting your feelings on a page. We're just so thrilled that you're diving into AJ. Keep it up and it will start to feel so natural to you. :heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Tracy @AK_Tracy I have NO idea what I'm going to create for Susie's challenge. I'm just trusting that it wll come to me. I'm only telling you this because none of us have a "cut and dried" idea of what we're going to create. I see the quotes, I see the mood board, but I'm drawing blanks at this point. I just trust that the "muse" will hit me at the appropriate time and that something will pour out of me. I guess I'm telling you to trust the process. It will get easier, I promise. :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Tracy @AK_Tracy I have NO idea what I'm going to create for Susie's challenge. I'm just trusting that it wll come to me. I'm only telling you this because none of us have a "cut and dried" idea of what we're going to create. I see the quotes, I see the mood board, but I'm drawing blanks at this point. I just trust that the "muse" will hit me at the appropriate time and that something will pour out of me. I guess I'm telling you to trust the process. It will get easier, I promise. :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred:

Right on sista!!! :beatingheart: I just read Susie's post and drawing a blank at the moment so will just think about this for a bit! Excellent challenge Susie @pachimac and absolutely LOVE your page!! wow!!!! ♥ and @AK_Tracy Tracy, great page and like the girls have already said, post away, we all have our own style and we are all in various stages of our own lives and the topics we choose to scrap about will be totally different as that is what is important to US in that moment. You go girl!!! ♥

AK_Tracy

Thank you Cheryl and Ona. It means a lot that you two amazing artist encourage me. And support me. Thank you so very much. I've always "failed" at art (compared to my mom) and I never measured up. It was probably in my mind then too. But maybe that needs to be the new "renew" page I need to do for me.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Thank you Cheryl and Ona. It means a lot that you two amazing artist encourage me. And support me. Thank you so very much. I've always "failed" at art (compared to my mom) and I never measured up. It was probably in my mind then too. But maybe that needs to be the new "renew" page I need to do for me.
You don't need to "measure up" to anybody, Tracy. You just be you and create "you". We ALL have that inner artist and sometimes it comes out easier than other times. I STILL have no idea what I'm going to create. Sometimes, it helps me to search in the store, under a keyword. That hasn't helped me so far, this time. I'm just experiencing a little creative block, but I'll get there. Again, just "do you". "You" are doing awesomely for somebody who is fairly new to Art Journaling. We're so happy to have you joining our challenges!! My next step is to do a search of keywords on the internet. That often spurs my creativity.

pachimac

CHEERY O
I know that but I dont know that. My layout was so dark compared to Susies that it gave me pause. But I posted anyway. Those darn scrap police. I swear half, okay 99% , of my struggle is in my mind. Thank you.
Oh hun - look how dark my last week was!!! Feelings and just that - no judgement!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Oh, I dare say you never failed at art, you just didn’t fit the mold that your mother wanted you in!!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have been running around like a headless chook these past few days BUT I have finally finished Week 3, yay!! :dancingelephant:dance4 Thanks Susie for a great challenge! ♥

Here the third portion of my template layout:

full

and this is just a close up of it:

full

scrap-genie

I really had trouble making a change instead of insisting on my way but it certainly fits this week.