Oscraps

May Art Journaling Challenge Week 2

MariJ

I don't think there Is a preferred place, but I think that people see the ones in the gallery more than here in the thread. I prefer in the gallery but either is perfectly fine. :)

The easiest for me is to find a background that fits my mood. Then I just throw some things on the page and move them around, delete, and find the right place. I know I'm going to have some kind of word art, so I grab some of those, and then just play.

With this one, this has been eating at me for a while.. It wasn't until this week that I could even put it into play. Take your time and just play.

You don't have to do all of them to get in the drawing. You get up to four entries. You could make 4 week 2's if you want, skip a week...whatver. It's just up to 4 per month get entries into the drawing, you can make as many as you want!

Maybe scrap about your feelings of the other site closing! Remember you can use 20% of any other product, so maybe pick a favorite element or two from there, scour the freebie section here, and give it a try!
Thanks so much for your kind replies and I can see we are on the same wavelength as I feel exactly as you and have tried most of what you suggested, which is actually pretty cool. Normally I can throw loads of things on an Art Journaling page -- a huge mess -- and start to play and it all comes together at some point. I love that feeling when all becomes still inside me and I know it will work.....
To be honest, I'm not worried about the drawing, only that once the week was over, so was that challenge. Nice to know there is no deadline for that. I actually did start a page of my feelings on the site closing - but that didn't work either and sits in PSE with one tiny paper.... I was even going to try an ATC as someone suggested but..... So, as you can see it's just not coming now and I've sort of resolved myself to try when I want, it will come in good time and to just let myself be for the moment. In the meantime it's very nice to be around scrappers and making new connections while still having some of my old ones... Hopefully when I am ready scrapping will come back.
Your encouragement is very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to help and suggest, that is very kind. :beatingheart: