Oscraps

Looking for a Sitcom to Stream

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We watch a lot of heavy TV shows, this summer we binged on Chernobyl and When They See Us. Regular shows in our rotation are things like Criminal Minds. To lighten things up, we like to mix in some Sitcoms but we are now running out of things to watch on Netflix or Hulu.
We have watched and loved 30 Rock and Parks and Rec. We are watching Angie Tribeca and Community now and they are ok, not great but not bad either. But we only have a few episodes left of each of them and need something else to watch.

What are your favorite Sitcoms? Are they on a streaming service? Thanks!!!

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
oh my I don't watch tv anymore except for the morning news. I watch Netflix and hulu. Supernatural, Heartland, The Resident and the Inbetween…

zanthia

CHEERY O
have you watched grace and frankie or unbreakable kimmy schimdt ? like both a lot . Also good place is very good too. this i s all netflix

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We watched a few episodes of Grace and Frankie when it first came out and it didn't grab us. Loved Kimmy Schmidt, and The Good Place-- we are waiting for the next season to be available.

Have any of you heard anything about "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu? I am seeing a bunch of people online saying it is very funny but that -- and that is it about vampire roommates is all I know.

zanthia

CHEERY O
not me - been busy watching hbo while have it for a couple of months - nest will get netflix for a bit

do have hulu - never heard of that one

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
If you have Prime streaming, I highly recommend Psych. On Netflix, the One Day at a Time redo is really good. Alas, it was cancelled after season 3. (CBS All Access wants to save it, so I’m hoping that still happens.)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
How about Schitt's Creek? It's not like the ones you mentioned but I think its pretty entertaining.

AnikA68

I love the "O"
if you want something to laugh: The middle or Modern family
I feel I watched all on netflix and always on the search for a good serie. So I start with Blacklist, because it always showed up when I searched. So I gave it a try: and you can´t stop...wow never saw a serie with so much tension, beside How to get away with murder.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Please keep the ideas coming, we are at a loss every night trying to find something new.

I love Psych! We watched when it was on Netflix, then it disappeared. Nice to know it is on Amazon:)
We also watched Schitt's Creek and loved it until it became too over the top for us. They became caricatures of caricatures IMHO- so we stopped watching when it annoyed us more than made us laugh.

We haven't watched the Middle or Modern Family- I will have to add themto the list, Thanks

mary-lynne

We started watching Cheers and Fraiser...both on Netflix. The both have several season, so they will keep you going for a while

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I'm currently binging Designated Survivor. It's got an insane amount of episodes.

After my ankle surgery, I was stuck in bed, off of my feet for weeks and I binged that. Maybe it is just me, watching too much all at once, but it started out so darn good, then it got boring. I guess halfway through the third season, I gacveup. Although, it could be that by the third season, my ankle was better and I was able to walk again LOL

BTW- Gary and I watched the first episode of "What We Do in the Shadows" last night. It is wacky, but I laughed out loud a lot. It is so over the top. If you have watched ... oh darn, what is the name?? It is a Vikings spoof that is on Netflix... it reminds me of a vampire version of that.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
We watched the original What we do in shadows and a couple of episodes of the new one. Pretty funny but I have to take it in smaller doses. No binging that for me.

We did start watching the spoof Viking show, but didn't finish it. I might have to check it out again.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:nod:
Same here, they are good one at a time, same with Angie Tribeca. The brain needs to reset itself or the suspension of belief aspect is totally thrown off. :p

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Have any of you heard anything about "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu? I am seeing a bunch of people online saying it is very funny but that -- and that is it about vampire roommates is all I know.
We finished watching Season One a couple of days ago-- OMG- ridiculously funny! Gary and I got DD hooked and then she got her BF hooked on it. The three of us started to rewatch again with my son since he didn't watch it the first time around. After 1-2 episodes we all end up talking in Nandor's accent too. Highly recommend!