Oscraps

Let's Talk 'Bout our Project Life/365/52

dwsewbiz

Yay! Thanks Vicki! We have a Project 365 forum!

If anyone has ideas for different threads let's hear it!

One thing I would like to see/hear is what form/format everyone is doing, what products you are using.

Then of course we can dive right in and share our creations! I am about to go work on my week 2, so see you all later ;-)

dwsewbiz

Well OK one more post before I go ;-)

This is my 3rd year doing Project 365.

I just received my 2012 book this week.

And my 2011 book.

This year I am trying an Instagram format...I find it is already simplifying things, especially now that the iPhone has a special photo gallery just for Instagram...I can see my photos of the day at a glance and don't have to hunt for them.

Here is my first week.

And now I really must go scrap Week 2 :)

Ellen

I am doing a Book of Me (BOM)in arch form and am trying out Art Journaling at the same time.We are getting 2 prompts a week we can choose from ( this is on a Dutch website)
I am using Maya 's arch and papers and elements from various designers, sometimes I work in digi, sometimes with the real messy stuff and sometimes in hybrid.

week 1 and 2 are in my gallery

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member
I would love a new thread for each week please :)

As for format I am going to use Anna's Fotoinspired Templates 2A & 2B

Diane that first week is awesome!!! Put it in the week 1 thread and show it off!!

nancyr

Heather I too am going to be using Anna's templates as I want a more artsy and graphic yet be able to see the photos.

I have some questions for you Heather or every one really?
Are you doing more than one page for each week?
Are you deciding on number of pages based on how many photos you want to use?
Do you care if you miss a day?
Do you actually print your pages or books?
Heather it looks like your first week is 1-6 is that because you are doing each week Monday to Sunday? I like doing each week 1-7 no matter which weekday it falls on.
How long have you been doing project 365? I started in 2009 and printed those pages but for some reason I have not printed out my pages from 2010 or 2011. Now after seeing my pages printed I will start printing them out.

I love this forum perhaps we can keep each other motivated!

marnie333

First year for me…I'm doing 52 weeks using Anna's new FotoInspired templates 2 A& B. I'm not focused on one photo per day, but focusing on the week's collection of photos…using a double spread so I have plenty of room for photos and 'white space'…like Nancy said…"I love this forum perhaps we can keep each other motivated!"

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member
Are you doing more than one page for each week? Yes I am not limiting myself to just two pages, I hate cutting out photos or memories so I am just adding more pages :)
Are you deciding on number of pages based on how many photos you want to use? Yes and no. I draw a sketch each week and I also have a book beside my computer and each day throughout the day or at the end I write what I want to remember about that day-sometimes its nothing. I also surf blogs and pinterest each day and if i see something that catches my eye like a quote or idea, i bookmark it and make a note of it to include it that week.
Do you care if you miss a day? Not at all, i don't have pics everyday, that would get too random for me, I am into documenting my life and the family mostly, but yea there is the occasional coffee cup photo or whatever. There really are no rules and I change my mind often, lol.
Do you actually print your pages or books? I print books at the end of each year. i do a family book for the year and I include my PL pages in that book. This year I had 440 pages so I will have two book through Blurb this year.
Heather it looks like your first week is 1-6 is that because you are doing each week Monday to Sunday? Yes. I wanted to include the entire weekend and that means monday morning is dedicated soley to PL work.
I like doing each week 1-7 no matter which weekday it falls on.that is fine, what ever works for you.
How long have you been doing project 365? I started PL in October 2011
I started in 2009 and printed those pages but for some reason I have not printed out my pages from 2010 or 2011. Now after seeing my pages printed I will start printing them out.

I love this forum perhaps we can keep each other motivated! Me too!!!!!!

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member
First year for me…I'm doing 52 weeks using Anna's new FotoInspired templates 2 A& B. I'm not focused on one photo per day, but focusing on the week's collection of photos…using a double spread so I have plenty of room for photos and 'white space'…like Nancy said…"I love this forum perhaps we can keep each other motivated!"

Her templates make it so easy for me :) Can't wait to follow your pages!

scrap-genie

So far I've done daily photos this year, but haven't embraced the idea of doing the P365. As a result I have just picked one a day and put them in a folder. Any good ideas to encourage me?

marnie333

Jean, you might consider a 'month in review' project…go to your daily photo folder and scrap your favorites…with one, 2-page spread per month, you'll end up with a lovely collection of photos/album…just a thought. :)

marnie333

Jean, forgot to include this link in my response:

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=32391&cat=396&page=1

8fa71efbf67588b26f8828901c9e8762.jpeg

dwsewbiz

I love those month in review templates, although have used them for other things...it's just a nice way to get a bunch of thematic photos together.

Jean something else you can consider...I did this in 2012 in addition to my P365 book...I just printed out my daily photos as 4x6 prints and put them in an album using sleeves that 9 photos on each side.

Both Shutterfly and Snapfish regularly offer free prints or penny prints, I hardly paid anything for these.

Shutterfly prints the full name on the back, which means all the prints have the date and a title. Snapfish doesn't do this so I was sure to put the date and a little title/description on the back. This is for the future generations...when I went through my parents photos with no annotations I often had no idea as to who or what was in the pictures.

I also included 12x12 layouts in this book...it's fun to see snapshots, then see some of the same photos, or at least photos from the same day/week/trip etc, in a scrapped format.

I'll try to take a pic and show you how this looks.

For 2013 I am using a simple Instrgram template format from Simply Kelly Designs.

For 2012 I used Anna's FotoInspired templates, which I loved! The book is so beautiful!
48aabc466d5d0146dd7a7809bb476513.jpg

casbury

Chris
Great thread! This is the first year for me and I'm doing a Project 52 with one spread for each week. My book will follow my one little word for 2013 'Simplify' and the theme 'enjoy simple pleasures'. I may or may not have more than one photo per week. Using Anna's FotoInspired Template Packs allows me to vary the photo count and layout. So far I've only completed the title page and will post Week 1 today. Need to get started on Week 2!

casbury

Chris
Forgot to mention that I set my book up to be printed at Blurb in a 10x8 format. I've printed at Blurb before and like their quality. I think they're a little less expensive than Shutterfly and a little more user friendly.

I also love Diane's idea of using Instagram photos! Blurb has an option for creating books from Instagram photos. It looks pretty easy to set up.

nancyr

sounds like this is going to be such fun as there are so many ways to document our lives. I cant wait to see how they all unfold!

scrap-genie

Thanks for the ideas! I've done week one with a template, so now I've got another week to scrap already.

I'm still torn having done 2008 with daily photos and layouts. It made every day important in a way a weekly layout doesn't. But it is too much to keep doing, at least for me. In 2010 I did monthly two-page layouts and that was nice. Still need to get that printed though.

It's wonderful to have this forum and support each other!

dwsewbiz

I like that 10x8 format Chris, and wow you are off to a great start...as mentioned in another thread I don't do covers first, and maybe I should.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I'm doing a Project Life format and using templates I have created myself. While I was very successful last year with Project 52, I have failed twice with P365. I plan to have two pages a week.

dwsewbiz

Looking at all these pages makes me think of another question...do you put the photos in chronological order, or do you use the photos to design good balance for the page?

I've done the latter in the past, but so far this year have put them in order...just curious as to how folks go about designing their pages.

casbury

Chris
Diane, I'd rather design with balance in mind rather than chronological order. Journaling can always explain order.

Looking at all these pages makes me think of another question...do you put the photos in chronological order, or do you use the photos to design good balance for the page?

I've done the latter in the past, but so far this year have put them in order...just curious as to how folks go about designing their pages.

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member

I get caught up with this, i like chronological order, but I am trying to be more flexible, lol

dwsewbiz

I just thought of the perfect (anal) solution...I need to be sure to take my photos of the day so that they are chronologically harmonious ...ha ha!!

scrap-genie

I also prefer design and journaling to explain the photos. Besides, what order do you mean? Is it in a line, clockwise, etc.?

mrstoa

mrstoa
I haven't read all the forum - but with my PL Heritage Style I did do 1st page but want to do other photos out of order - and when complete put them together..

So is doing "out of order" chronologically ok?

If I can complete one - or two pages a week I will happy.

Want an album to show and tell my grandchildren their Grandma's story.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Oh I never even thought of trying to put them in chronological order on the page. Think I'll skip that. I think trying it would drive me insane.