Oscraps

Knitting, crocheting, sewing and everything with fabric

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
OMG, girls, you amazed me! These afghans, both Ellen and Cheryl, looks so amazing!
And @Cherylndesigns , with this beauty the first pics is like from crocheting magazine! Hahaha, it's not bother me that popcorns are going a little bit flat, the colors are still vibrant, and it looks wonderful!
Do you think to make the same pattern for Kinleigh?

:p I spy a little helper at the last pic!
Yes, there is a furry tail in that one. ROTF She's the biggest photo bomber of all time. Thanks for your sweet compliments. I tried to "pose" the afgan so I'm glad you like how I photographed it. It doesn't look too bad for being so old, I have to admit. I hope I can find a similar pattern for Kinleigh. I'm sure I can.

felis

Yes, there is a furry tail in that one. ROTF She's the biggest photo bomber of all time. Thanks for your sweet compliments. I tried to "pose" the afgan so I'm glad you like how I photographed it. It doesn't look too bad for being so old, I have to admit. I hope I can find a similar pattern for Kinleigh. I'm sure I can.
Oh you will! Check at the sites that Chris was give, here is the link :
https://oscraps.com/community/threads/daily-ooos-monday-february-15.33309/post-588837

I'm still on the first of them, but there have this tutorial . But you probably can find the whole pattern, not only the popcorns.

felis

So I'm working on the shell and I know bragging is not good, but I'm so happy from the result! My phone don't make good inside photos, or I don't know how, so you can't see good how beauty this lace turns. It's pretty impressive for beginner, as the yarn is fuzzy and difficult to work with.

g7.jpgg8.jpg
You can see that to make body and separate shell was double work, but completely justified effort, as the corps keep the filler and shell can be more detailed. g3.jpg g10.jpgg5.jpg

Next one is the front part which is my addition. Into the pattern have additional flowers on the sell, but I'll not cover it, I like it too much :D , so I just skip that step!

felis

I'm ready and I'm extremely happy! So here is Grace!
The front part wasn't in the pattern, so I needed few tries before to do it as I want.

g12.jpg g11.jpg

g15.jpgg16.jpg

Next one will be her partner Kenny.

felis

I was talk about this sweater at the Daily O, and I'm not sure did someone is interested, but this is knitted sweater I'm make to my dog. I remember this pattern from my grandma, so I decided and found it again years later.
As you can see it's wear few years and hand washed multiple times.

polover.jpg

felis

I'm not get bored or so, just to many life distractions.Also I don't want to spam you (too much lol),
so I was waiting till have finished product, but it's just not happens on time. It should be ready till now, but I'm recreated it for 3 time. I'm not sure is it from the pattern (as it's for 2 colors yarn from same kind, but mine are with different thickness) or my counting. But instead of flat belly, he ends with big bump worthy of Santa Claus, which is not OK for this model as he have to hold guitar! So now I'll try with rows instead of crocheting in circles.
kenny0.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I forgot that I took a couple of pictures the other day to share.
This is a hat that I crocheted a year or so ago. The pattern has a small pompom on top but it never looked right. I snipped it off and made a nice fluffy pompom for it instead.

Attachments

• 20210304_115728.jpg
    20210304_115728.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
And here is a small part of the mat I am making for the animal shelter project, The Snuggles Project
And as always, ignore the mistakes, At one point I was going to rip out a row or two then realized that the cats in a shelter are not gonna care! :p

Attachments

• 20210304_115409.jpg
    20210304_115409.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 3

Danesa

Danesa
Last time I was at dad's, I got some of my mom's material and threads. Trying to teach myself embroidery stitches. haha I wish I had listened and paid attention when my mom was alive. She was an amazing seamstress/crafter. My eyesight is so terrible I can hardly see what I do. haha

Attachments

• IMG_5758.jpg
    IMG_5758.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 3

felis

Last time I was at dad's, I got some of my mom's material and threads. Trying to teach myself embroidery stitches. haha I wish I had listened and paid attention when my mom was alive. She was an amazing seamstress/crafter. My eyesight is so terrible I can hardly see what I do. haha
@Danesa Danesa, your result is pretty awesome! The embroidery is so beautiful! I'd love to try too, but I'm afraid it would be too much for my poor eyes. But absolutely love to watch them, thank you for sharing!
By the way this site that Chris recommended have embroidery part too. https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/embroidery-4162905

felis

I forgot that I took a couple of pictures the other day to share.
This is a hat that I crocheted a year or so ago. The pattern has a small pompom on top but it never looked right. I snipped it off and made a nice fluffy pompom for it instead.
@faerywings Big pompom looks much cooler! And what lovely colors I just adore them!!!

felis

The weather today is awful, so cloudy, so I can't take nice photos, but I want to share it for St. Patrick's Day!
So this is my music couple Grace and Kelly (lol I'm keep calling him Kenny, because I'm misspell it at first).
The music fans can see that Kelly have everything necessary for rock star: guitar, chain, and rings (made by needles) :D. Grace is supposed to be lead vocal and have also this little hat.

IMG_20210317_011556.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I think I am done with the main part of my cat mat but I now see that lost a stitch or two in some of the rows and there is a nice slope on the one side :p
I still need to add the edge to it so hopefully, the kitties who get it won't notice. Or will be nice enough to not mention it in front t of me. You all know how picky cats can be ha!!

felis

Oh wow, Felis, they are freaking adorable!! Love Kenny's guitar!:cool:
You can't imagine how proud this comment makes me, as I'm not used pattern for the guitar I made it by my imagination! Thank you so much for the nice words!
kitara.jpg

And again nothing of this it would not happen if you wasn't encouraged me! :)

felis

I think I am done with the main part of my cat mat but I now see that lost a stitch or two in some of the rows and there is a nice slope on the one side :p
I still need to add the edge to it so hopefully, the kitties who get it won't notice. Or will be nice enough to not mention it in front t of me. You all know how picky cats can be ha!!
At least they will have what to comment! :po_O Can't wait to see it complete!
Is there any chance the cat lady also to send you pics how they use it, this would be heavenly!

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oops! I forgot that I took a picture last week of the stuff I made. I still have to contact the woman to see if she's interested.
Here's the pic!

Attachments

• 20210327_085829.jpg
    20210327_085829.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 5

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
You're all so busy and creative. I bought that cute kit to make the baby a toy and I haven't even opened it yet. Bad Grandma!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Cheryl, There is no rush, intentions matter! But once when you start can't quit, now I'm wondering where to storage all amigurumis I made. :D:D
That makes me feel better, Felis. I put too much pressure on myself sometimes. I do have plenty of time. :)

felis

So I'm back and here is one project that I really love! Some of you maybe already are saw it on Insta ;) .

Ringo, the bulldog and the Moon! I'm not used pattern here. It's inspired by my favorite Beatles's song ''Hey, bulldog!'', but mostly because of the cover of my most favorite band The Jaded Hearts Club. I make it really tiny and adore it, have to try more of these miniature as I'll not have where to storage all I made.
rm1.jpg rm2.jpgrm3.jpg

Just wait to see my next project, which is gift for my sister! ;)