Oscraps

Kit thumbnails very slow loading

Yogikate

Using iMac with ample storage/memory. After purchasing kits, I open the folders and put all the elements in one folder, paper in one and clusters in another. I do to speed finding elements, a quick view approach.

BUT I have found some thumbnails just do not load, makes using the kit /elements impossible. Just constant clicking to open.

Does anyone have a suggestion on why previews may not be loading, and how to correct. Or does anyone have a suggestion as to how they organize large groups of elements from one kit, do you just make lots of little folders?

Just frustrated, doesn’t happen with all kits, but when it does, not worth the time you have to spend to use. Any advice greatly appreciated. Kate

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm sorry you're having problems, Kate, but even more sorry I can't help you since I am not familiar with Apple computers. Also, I've never experienced this myself on my Windows laptop. Hopefully someone with some ideas will be along.

webfrau

You probably have, but just checking have you actually manually added the previews to the folder icon? Files labelled folder.jpg don't automatically load as thumbnails on a mac like they do on a PC.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I think it's the thumbnail of the actual item not the folder.

I use a mac and find that when I have too many different things open for too many days and worked with multiple very large psd files in photoshop, png thumbnails can be slow to load for me too. Especially the ones that are large filesizes themselves.

I reboot and everything goes back to normal. So, I'm thinking it might just be caching of resources building up over time hogging the memory.

webfrau

I think it's the thumbnail of the actual item not the folder.

Oops misunderstood.

I've only ever had that happen when I'm trying to preview files over wifi from an external drive. But I've found that weird things can happen if I don't restart for several days, a reboot sometimes makes all the difference.