Oscraps

Kid's menu

hekas

aA Creative Team Member
Hello,

We went to zoo today and we spent our lunch in a restaurant. And we just thinking about that what does kid's menu mean in the other parts of the world?

We got french fries with schnitzel, but in some restaurant we can choose frankfurter or spaghetti bolognese.

What does mean kid's menu in your country? What can you choose?

Bush Girl

Here in the UK kids meals are much the same, except the schnitzel would be called chicken nuggets/fish fingers here - other meats aren't usually breadcrumbed and fried here. Fries seem to come with everything here, except pasta/potato dishes. My kids often choose sausages, cottage/shepherd's pie or pizza.

I have to say, that even when we lived in Singapore my kids tended to choose these kinds of food rather than all the delicious but sometimes scary local foods.

MrsPeel

I reckobn these days with the world communication, virtual spaces and the proliferation of Mc Donalds and Burger King.... (which only think it gives me a rash) is pretty much the same in every country...
Like Selena said, only changes the name ...
The kids menus are smaller portions and sometimes, restaurants which have some very different kind pof food offer the spaghetti Bolognese or just pasta with tomato sauce or anything with fries and non scary for kids...as there are lots of kids who wont eat something they dont know.
I'm proud to be able to say Sarita not only loves Sushi since age 3 but also she loves trying new stuff, not just eating but cooking...

Selena: I get the kids not eating in Singapore as it can be scary indeed...some places way in the deep country in Brasil (and sometimes in big cities too LOL) I wont eat anything that claims to be meat or chicken from the outdoors little vans or troleys...
we call them (as a joke but you never know....)
cat's barbeque...
but yes, I am like you, love trying new different things when am traveling!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Here in Canada the kids menu is usually along the same lines as the adult menu, just much smaller portion sizes. Some places offer kid meals like macaroni and cheese and a hot dog or something similar.

petey111

Typical kids meal in the midwest is chicken strips, cheeseburger, cheese pizza. Sometimes you can get some other things like hot dogs or quesadillas. Depending on what kind of restaurant you are at, you may also be able to choose pasta or tacos or something to match the cuisine. I like ones that also have a salad option. Many places now will also offer fruit instead of fries.

At one place, my son can get yogurt, cheese, fruit, and crackers....which is his favorite. But that is a really rare meal to find. :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I hate the kids menus. I think they are very expensive. But usually I see macaroni, hamburger, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, etc. I usually order something they can share or that we can share.

hekas

aA Creative Team Member
Thank you for the answers girls. As I can see, the childrens like same at whole world. Chicken nuggets, hamburger, pizza, pasta :) :) :)

EdelineMarta

Here is swedish pancake, meatballs, spaghetti, hamburger and chicken nuggets

My kids 10 n 8 dont order from the kids menu, they order from grown up menu .. They think the kids menu is too boring hihihi