Oscraps

Kay's 100 Day Challenge

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Week 1 - Photos I have taken -

IMG_3189 smaller.jpg ....... IMG_3196 smaller.jpg
Bill's Navy Squadrons Plaques + Grumman ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,............................., Bill's E-2 Models and photos

....................................... IMG_3193 smaller.jpg
.........................................My Watercolor for Bill - "Get behind the cowboy"- His call sign in Egypt
...................................................Kokopelli golfer done by friend for Bill's Birthday

IMG_3200 smaller.jpg ............................................... IMG_3202 smaller.jpg

................... Bill's Leather Jacket ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ..................................... Squadron Patches

The project for the rest of this week - checking Bill's Memory Album 2 vs LOs for it that have not been printed out.
Have 10 LOs to be printed and put into it. Will print them out tomorrow and arrange them in the album on Saturday.

417914321_7526101880757693_1924352712699771957_n.jpg
418169697_7529907350377146_716313763335459869_n.jpg
415550397_7495401343827747_4304964345144778072_n.jpg
387991-7ce1dc2ca7c5e8865a82accd9085d66b.jpg
387992-681a494995174bd40cb03d507b1b4d94.jpg
387889-e6f4b07cd2236028a646994b44418f09.jpg
388052-7149f2fa4a0b063d2e2e814a3d2fe721.jpg
388382-670744e0676bdfe16d87b9be19798bb7.jpg
388434-5cc242c668f2548074830bb6a6a13602.jpg
388522-06c131d392b6cefeec680a2c462d2d95.jpg
388617-8f82a07616c6f50ab3bfd4c062cb9910.jpg
388624-d44d07b7cf000e655096b9b27bbde2f6.jpg
388789-510369bb9f4e042da22dc82453e55ce8.jpg

2/24 I missed printing the LOs yesterday... was too busy with Color Play. But since that was 'art' related that should count for the day. :rotfl: I need to clean the print heads before printing the pages so will get that done today.
Later on Saturday - it turns out I missed 3 LOs that needed to go into the album. They are the smaller ones at the top of photos. They are all printed and put in Bill's Memory Album 2. Think there is enough space to add most if not all LOs from 2024 to this one. Will start a new one next year.

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Week 2 - It will probably be a mixture of photos and other arty things.
Sunday - photos of the bright moon just before the sun came up

IMG_3210 small.jpg IMG_3211 small.jpg

Monday - preparing for high winds
IMG_3212 small.jpg

Tuesday - the swing seat and umbrella still together even with the wind howling
IMG_3213 small.jpg

I missed getting a photo of the plum tree filled with blossoms on Tuesday afternoon. By the time I got out there on Wednesday morning, the blossoms were gone but the tree limbs all have tiny green leaves. I took 3 photos - the plum tree, a closeup of the plum tree and the peach tree.
IMG_3217 small.jpg ... IMG_3218 small.jpg .... IMG_3219 small.jpg

These were taken just before sunset when the sunlight hit the plum tree. More blossoms had bloomed and the tree was shining so bright. It really made me like spring was on the way.

IMG_3221 smaller.jpg IMG_3222 smaller.jpg

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
March Photos

Niece Dee and Jim with me
IMG_3225 smaller.jpg

Dee, Me and Daughter Chari
IMG_3229 smaller.jpg

I happened to look out and saw 2 birds in the backyard on the side fence. Think it is the same birds who tried to build a nest on the dart cabinet hanging on the side wall in the patio last spring. I quickly raised the blind and ran for the camera. He was definitely courting her. I just missed getting a photo of their mating but managed to caught several photos of them "billing and cooing". This is just 2 of the photos.

IMG_3241 smaller.jpg and IMG_3235 smaller.jpg

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was inspired by @Cherylndesigns photo of her hubby's hat. I have been taking photos of my Bill's things that meant a lot to him. These are in "His office" that has now become "our office". The watercolor painting I did while we lived in Cairo - his call sign there was "Cowboy" and the Grummies there said they always 'Get behind the cowboy".

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Kay, I have goosebumps on my goosebumps right now. What fabulous pictures you have taken and what a tribute to your wonderful Bill. SO many parallels - I always called Chuck "my cowboy" because "he was country when country wasn't cool". Kokopelli is one of my "totems" - how crazy is that? I'm looking at him right now - I have a Kokopelli magnet on my desk lamp right over my computer. This is just an amazing collection of the things Bill loved. I'm sure they bring you great joy as you sit in "our office" every day. :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred: :hug2:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for the comments, @Cherylndesigns !! Yes, we do have a lot in common and so did our hubbies. I have several Kokopelli images in metal and plaster around our house.

Today I found LO images that need to go into Bill's album. Tomorrow is print them out and Sat is put them in Memory Album 2.
I print them as 8X8 landscapes on 8.5X11 cardstock then slip them into page protectors for the album. I like to arrange them so the colors/theme are complimentary. That can take awhile to set up. Guess it is okay that it takes longer than an hour! :lol23: I do that about every 2-3 months. Thank goodness for the galleries that make it easy to look through and find them.

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Thanks for the comments, @Cherylndesigns !! Yes, we do have a lot in common and so did our hubbies. I have several Kokopelli images in metal and plaster around our house.

Today I found LO images that need to go into Bill's album. Tomorrow is print them out and Sat is put them in Memory Album 2.
I print them as 8X8 landscapes on 8.5X11 cardstock then slip them into page protectors for the album. I like to arrange them so the colors/theme are complimentary. That can take awhile to set up. Guess it is okay that it takes longer than an hour! :lol23: I do the about every 2-3 months. Thank goodness for the galleries that make it easy to look through and find them.
What a great idea, Kay. I'm just feeling my way around at this point, but I love your letters to Bill and I talk to Chuck all the time. I need to start writing some of it down. We have found some old pictures that Chuck had in a box up on a shelf of a closet. I have made an ATC for today's project, using him as a little boy. He was SO cute.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
oh wow!!! what a beautiful sight to see all of those layouts lined up like that :beatingheart: ! they are so amazing and such a wonderful tribute to Bill! and the photos of his jacket Kay are totally cool Top Gun material! xx

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
The airplane models and photos makes me think our husbands could have had some good conversations.
Bill was in the Navy 20 years and as a tech rep to the Navy with Grumman for another 20 years. Most of his time was spend with the E-2 radar plane. 2 of the models are brass - he had them made while we live in Cairo as the US had sent those planes there. If you look close at the back 2 models - you can see the brass pyramids on the wood base. The photo under them was given to him when he finished a year as the Navy Advanced crew getting ready to bring the E-2A out to the fleet in 1963. The large photo with all the signatures on it was given to him when he retired from Grumman 1997.
oh wow!!! what a beautiful sight to see all of those layouts lined up like that :beatingheart: ! they are so amazing and such a wonderful tribute to Bill! and the photos of his jacket Kay are totally cool Top Gun material! xx
Ona, Bill was not a pilot but was an aircrew member. The patches are just a few of the squadrons he was attached to both in the Navy and with Grumman as a Tech Rep.
What a great idea, Kay. I'm just feeling my way around at this point, but I love your letters to Bill and I talk to Chuck all the time. I need to start writing some of it down. We have found some old pictures that Chuck had in a box up on a shelf of a closet. I have made an ATC for today's project, using him as a little boy. He was SO cute.
Cheryl, it does help to write them down so you can remember later on what and how you were dealing with losing Chuck. Yes, he was so cute as a young boy and very handsome as an adult. Glad you mentioned my letters to Bill as that made me realize that I had not included it and a couple of other LOs about him. Had to do a search to find them... :multitasking: :busy1: :spinningchair:

I did finish up this week's AJ projects. I think I will be adding next weeks projects to post 3. I will update Post #1 with which post has each week's projects. That should make it easier to go to the latest week's things can be found.

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out this morning. I took a chance on the camera and managed to get photos on early Sunday of the moon just before the sun came up... Yes, it was freezing but well worth stepping out onto the patio to snap them. Tuesday noon - Took photo after the neighbor helped take the umbrella down and the wind was howling. Wednesday - checked on the umbrella and the swing seat and they are staying in place even with the wind blowing like mad. Can't see the mountain east of town due to all the dirt in the air.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Quick in and out this morning. I took a chance on the camera and managed to get photos on early Sunday of the moon just before the sun came up... Yes, it was freezing but well worth stepping out onto the patio to snap them. Tuesday noon - Took photo after the neighbor helped take the umbrella down and the wind was howling. Wednesday - checked on the umbrella and the swing seat and they are staying in place even with the wind blowing like mad. Can't see the mountain east of town due to all the dirt in the air.
Oh my! what a stunning photo of the moon! it looks so eerie and magical! ♥ and glad everything stayed put with those big winds!! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Since I got a new SD chip for the camera - I took some trial photos on Wednesday. Yeah... it worked! Those are going to have do for Wednesday and Thursday.
Great job, I can see that first one with a Threshold filter appliced for a layout, to give it a graphic type effect. (look out for the March Creative Tech. challenge :whistle:just sayin' ) Yay for the new SD for the camera too!

janedee

I love the moon photo and the one of your flowering tree. We have had some really cold weather again the past few days. I'm hoping it won't kill any of the flowering/fruiting tree buds.
Its definitely hard to keep up, but I think if we do something creative every day, even if we're late posting, that should still count.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, I have fallen down on doing this... just too many other things happening at the same time. Been busy with scrapping LOs so this challenge slid out of sight - out of mind. :crying1:
Same here, Kay. I don't know if I can keep this up either. Maybe I can play catch-up over the weekend. :multitasking:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
The biggest you SHOULD NOT DO is stress about it!!! Just do what you can, when you can, it's YOUR challenge so you can do whatever you want to! lol! But whatever you do it should bring you some joy! xxxxx Real life happens, so perhaps modify your challenge rules and change from each day to each week instead. :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, real life did get in the way.... My niece Dee and her SO Jim were here for a couple of days. We remembered to take photos on the last day they were here. We had high winds and rains so no photos taken outside. I was busy making LOs - which are in the gallery so no need to add them here.

But I had the luck to catch 2 birds in the backyard on the side fence "billing and cooing". I raised the blind and took photos through the window. Just as I got back to the window with my camera, I saw them mating. Couldn't get the camera turned on fast enough to capture that moment. But they stayed on the fence for about 15 minutes cooing and showing off their wings to each other. I plan on making a LO with the photos. I was delighted to have been a witness to this and lucky enough to get a few photos of it.
BTW, the photos have not been touched up yet... I will do that when I make the layout.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Great photos Kay with your family! ♥ and great capture of the birds, they look like doves? Oh I think adding a tiny bit of contrast to those when you go to use them will certainly add some highlight to the colours you captured as well. :)