Oscraps

JULY PROJECTS -has anyone got anything to share this month?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I am back with some pics of one of the double pages I made in my smaller art journal, using torn scrapbook papers, book pages, gesso, acrylic ink, Stabilo black pencil, white and black gel pens, and some other stuff no doubt! lol! Had lots of fun with this one! :)
2-DOUBLE-PAGE--800.jpg
4A-LEFT-SIDE--800.jpg
5A-RIGHT-SIDE--800.jpg

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
As I just mentioned above to Cheryl, I love the idea of using envelopes and paper bags to make a handmade art journal, and I thought I would share an idea on using old greeting cards. I started putting together a journal last week and have been busy just gathering paper to use for it, as I was looking for stuff to use I came across a big box of greeting cards that I have kept over the years, keeping those ones really special ones, or ones that were very pretty........... so I thought why not incorporate them into my journal????!! No doubt someone has already thought of it but for me it was a 'a-haa' moment! lol! These are a couple of pics of the card I have kept for many years from a very dear friend of mine so it is going into the AJ for sure! :) I will also incorporate some of the envelopes I have come across as well, some of them are just as pretty as the card itself! :)
View attachment 375788
View attachment 375789
OMGosh!!! I have SO many of these - I'll have to get mine out and play! What a wonderful way to relive the memories of getting them! Thanks for the inspiration, Ona!!!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
As I just mentioned above to Cheryl, I love the idea of using envelopes and paper bags to make a handmade art journal, and I thought I would share an idea on using old greeting cards. I started putting together a journal last week and have been busy just gathering paper to use for it, as I was looking for stuff to use I came across a big box of greeting cards that I have kept over the years, keeping those ones really special ones, or ones that were very pretty........... so I thought why not incorporate them into my journal????!! No doubt someone has already thought of it but for me it was a 'a-haa' moment! lol! These are a couple of pics of the card I have kept for many years from a very dear friend of mine so it is going into the AJ for sure! :) I will also incorporate some of the envelopes I have come across as well, some of them are just as pretty as the card itself! :)
What a great idea!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Gosh, it's so great to see everyone's creations! Looking at these posts makes me smile BIG TIME!

Jana Holden —@jlholden15 — and I spent several hours video-arting on Thursday. We made some tags inspired by the free Fodder School challenge last week. My tags will end up being the focal points on art journal pages — the cutie posing in the bathing suit is yours truly, age 3 (so 1958) in the backyard of our house in Paris. The tag on the right is a portrait of my Grandmother holding my Mother in 1934. Years ago, I found the original photo )which was quite large) in terrible condition. I had it restored and then printed onto canvas and framed — gave it to my Mom for her 80th birthday. The lace tie on that tag was tea (or maybe coffee) stained by me. The other two images are just random vintage images from my stash.

vicki-robinson-art-journal-tags.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I spent some time the other day making this, but not sure if it should be a card or should I put it in a frame and have it on my craft room wall?? I used water based inks and a stencil and applied gilding flakes to the large Jellyfish. Added some hand drawn bubbles to it. Not sure I am finished with it as I would love to add a bit more texture to it, any suggestions?

Jellyfish.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Gosh, it's so great to see everyone's creations! Looking at these posts makes me smile BIG TIME!

Jana Holden —@jlholden15 — and I spent several hours video-arting on Thursday. We made some tags inspired by the free Fodder School challenge last week. My tags will end up being the focal points on art journal pages — the cutie posing in the bathing suit is yours truly, age 3 (so 1958) in the backyard of our house in Paris. The tag on the right is a portrait of my Grandmother holding my Mother in 1934. Years ago, I found the original photo )which was quite large) in terrible condition. I had it restored and then printed onto canvas and framed — gave it to my Mom for her 80th birthday. The lace tie on that tag was tea (or maybe coffee) stained by me. The other two images are just random vintage images from my stash.

View attachment 375984
So amazing Vicki!!! I just love adding lace to a project! These are fabulous!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O

View attachment 375984
wowsers! those tags are STUNNING! I really really love these Vicky! I am not a big tag person but these are fabulous!!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I spent some time the other day making this, but not sure if it should be a card or should I put it in a frame and have it on my craft room wall?? I used water based inks and a stencil and applied gilding flakes to the large Jellyfish. Added some hand drawn bubbles to it. Not sure I am finished with it as I would love to add a bit more texture to it, any suggestions?

View attachment 375990
Trudy what an exceptional card!!! what beautiful work and I love your quote~ your jellyfish is just awesome! would love to see a close up of it! :) My personal opinion is that it doesn't need anything else, it is perfect the way it is!!! Love it!

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Wow! loving all this creativity and it's great seeing what else you are all up to. Love the moody feel of your journal and the bright pops of colour @wombat146 and @Vicki Robinson your tags are amazing, I am addicted to tags! @taxed4ever I think it should go in a frame, its stunning.
Here are my fave cards from today - I used a stencil to create the border and then stamped over it - @Vicki Robinson more enabling as the guys were cut with the Brother Scan n Cut... just saying.

How old_16uly2022.jpg

Veronika

#clap WOW- I am sooo enthusiastic about all your works, what fantastic and creative work- I love to be inspired by it and I am happy if you write about what you have used

LSlycord

Do you want a link? They're SO cool, Linda!! I have 4 of them and you buy inserts for them. They're 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 and all of mine are brown leather. Here's a link to some of my work on Pinterest. I just love them!! Most of them are mine, but I have a few "inspo" pictures on there, too. https://www.pinterest.com/cheryldesn/travel-notebooks/

I get mine (TN books + all kinds of inserts on Amazon.
I missed this...I'm off to check out the link.