Oscraps

JULY PROJECTS -has anyone got anything to share this month?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I had a great time doing this card for my sister's birthday! I made the top flower with my Silhouette Cutting Machine and Cut out the Doll also. Used some lace and a chipboard frame and hummingbird. Covered the hummingbird with Guilding Flakes and the background paper was made with many different coloured pigment spray inks. I added some tissue paper behind the doll. A few splatters of white paint and she turned out pretty good. My sister loved her. I hope to make a few more doll cards this month.
unnamed-1.jpg

LSlycord

I had a great time doing this card for my sister's birthday! I made the top flower with my Silhouette Cutting Machine and Cut out the Doll also. Used some lace and a chipboard frame and hummingbird. Covered the hummingbird with Guilding Flakes and the background paper was made with many different coloured pigment spray inks. I added some tissue paper behind the doll. A few splatters of white paint and she turned out pretty good. My sister loved her. I hope to make a few more doll cards this month.
Wow! I love this Trudy! This is simply amazing!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
OOOH! Love these projects girls!!!

@taxed4ever Trudy what a stunning and delightful card, that is so amazing! and I love the colours you chose to use! That piece of lace underneath is simply perfect!!! You did such an amazing job on this, you ought to make some and sell them on Etsy!!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I saw your TN page on FB but didn't get a chance to say anything there! Absolutely love this! Fabulous collage work!!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
@taxed4ever and @Cherylndesigns - wow Trudy and Cheryl! Love your projects SO much!

I posted this on Insta a little bit ago. Spent 4.5 hours on Tuesday video arting with @jlholden15 - Jana Holden) (love that girl!) We were both feeling the weight of the world big time and needed something to distract and calm. We did our own thing, but doing it together while chatting and commiserating was really the perfect antidote. I went thru my stash and cut out some really old sketches and drawings to give them new life as journal fodder — and marked some of my more recent abstract florals. Some might end up in digital kits — but all of it made me realize just how much — and for how long — I’ve come to depend on art during stressful times.

vicki-robinson-art.jpg

taxed4ever

CHEERY O
Ohhhh @Vicki Robinson these are so beautiful!! What a fabulous way to de-stress and how wonderful that you get to do it with a friend!! Looking forward to seeing some of these beauties in future kits!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever and @Cherylndesigns - wow Trudy and Cheryl! Love your projects SO much!

I posted this on Insta a little bit ago. Spent 4.5 hours on Tuesday video arting with @jlholden15 - Jana Holden) (love that girl!) We were both feeling the weight of the world big time and needed something to distract and calm. We did our own thing, but doing it together while chatting and commiserating was really the perfect antidote. I went thru my stash and cut out some really old sketches and drawings to give them new life as journal fodder — and marked some of my more recent abstract florals. Some might end up in digital kits — but all of it made me realize just how much — and for how long — I’ve come to depend on art during stressful times. Some of this will probably end up in my kits.

View attachment 375535
OMGoodhess, Vicki, this is awesome and it could totally end up in one of your kits!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Cheryl, this is awesome! Tell me more about your Traveler's notebook. I'm curious.
Do you want a link? They're SO cool, Linda!! I have 4 of them and you buy inserts for them. They're 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 and all of mine are brown leather. Here's a link to some of my work on Pinterest. I just love them!! Most of them are mine, but I have a few "inspo" pictures on there, too. https://www.pinterest.com/cheryldesn/travel-notebooks/

I get mine (TN books + all kinds of inserts on Amazon.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

@taxed4ever Trudy what a stunning and delightful card, that is so amazing! and I love the colours you chose to use! That piece of lace underneath is simply perfect!!! You did such an amazing job on this, you ought to make some and sell them on Etsy!!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I saw your TN page on FB but didn't get a chance to say anything there! Absolutely love this! Fabulous collage work!!
Thanks so much, Ona!! I haven't done any Mixed Media for awhile and it was loads of fun!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Linda @LSlycord I've done Document Your December for the last 3 years and get them printed out in 4x6 and put them in one of my Traveler's Notebooks inserts. They're SO much fun to go back and look at.

taxed4ever

CHEERY O

Thanks so much Ona, I might just take your advice and start selling my cards!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I made an envelope book over the weekend. We had some envelopes that had gotten sealed shut so I used them. I still have a whole box of patterned paper from my paper scrapping days, so I made my cover out of some of that. I put some washi tape on the spine and added some messy cording and tied a feather to the front.

thumbnail---2022-07-11T130637.412.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Okay, I did page one of my envelope album - I made a collage using mostly Vicki Robinson Designs and Rachel Jefferies Designs.

thumbnail---2022-07-11T183629.589.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Here is one of my cards from my epic playdate with myself over the long 4th July weekend. I blended through a stencil and then spritzed it with water. The Sentiment is heat embossed

View attachment 375590

I also made these accordian watercolor books, for no reason other than they made me happy, I added marks and stamps and stickers.

View attachment 375591

Claire, your card so pretty and bright! Love that spritzy goodness behind your quote! and just love your accordian book, it's fun just to play, no rhythm or reason, just because!!! I have a couple of those and sometimes when I come across them I stick something in them, again, just for fun and to use up my sticker stash!! lol!! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I made an envelope book over the weekend. We had some envelopes that had gotten sealed shut so I used them. I still have a whole box of patterned paper from my paper scrapping days, so I made my cover out of some of that. I put some washi tape on the spine and added some messy cording and tied a feather to the front.

View attachment 375753

Okay, I did page one of my envelope album - I made a collage using mostly Vicki Robinson Designs and Rachel Jefferies Designs.

View attachment 375776

Just love this Cheryl! What a great idea to use up some old envelopes!! and love how you have used some printables for your first page in it!! Stunning work!!

I am putting together an art journal and came across an idea the other day to use old greeting cards! Don't know about you but I have huge box of old cards, birthday, Christmas etc that could be used and preserved rather than gathering dust in an old box!! lol!!! Posted some pics in the next post. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
As I just mentioned above to Cheryl, I love the idea of using envelopes and paper bags to make a handmade art journal, and I thought I would share an idea on using old greeting cards. I started putting together a journal last week and have been busy just gathering paper to use for it, as I was looking for stuff to use I came across a big box of greeting cards that I have kept over the years, keeping those ones really special ones, or ones that were very pretty........... so I thought why not incorporate them into my journal????!! No doubt someone has already thought of it but for me it was a 'a-haa' moment! lol! These are a couple of pics of the card I have kept for many years from a very dear friend of mine so it is going into the AJ for sure! :) I will also incorporate some of the envelopes I have come across as well, some of them are just as pretty as the card itself! :)
DSCN8979-800.jpg
DSCN8981-800.jpg