Oscraps

January 2023 Mixed Media

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Over the past several weeks, as we were waiting for Mr. Me's THIRD back surgery in about 15 months (which was this past Wednesday and he came and through it great!), I found myself getting more and more anxious. So last week I distracted myself with some art journaling. I wasn't planning to choose a "word" this year, but apparently, the universe had other ideas. Lol.

This is a two-pager in a large square journal with a ton of personal journaling that got hidden under the first layers of collage and then more on top with my current crush Gold Signo. The pink-sh and gold floral you see are from papers I made on my Gelli plate, and the words are all torn from magazines or dictionaries.

Have you had time for any hands-on are so far this year?

vicki-robinson-perspective.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@Vicki Robinson So sorry to read that hubby had another surgery but thank goodness he got through it okay! xx As your your journal page, just wow! I so love the pinks and the browns here and what a great word for the year ♥, especially love the gold writing, I am finding I use that writing technique a lot these days, it adds a lot of interest to a page I think. Glad you were able to get some thoughts and feelings out on your page as well, I love that feeling of being able to 'unburden' ones self without fear, to just write what you feel and fear or are anxious about without feeling the need to sugar coat for someone else to read, very catharic indeed! Sending hugs! xx

I have been a bit mojo-less the last few months, but I did actually start again last week. I had thrown some paint down on a couple pages of my journal about two months ago and then just didn't know what to do next, that is about the time mojo decided to take a break. Last week I saw a journal layout created by somone on a FB AJ group and they had a process video, well that sucked me in for the rest of the day and I started thinking of incorporating some of her ideas with mine........... so I opened the nearest journal and it was the two pager I had started earlier, and am now working on it. Feels good to get my hands dirty again! I will pop back when it is nearing completion! :)

Oldenmeade

I'm so glad to hear your hubby came through his surgery ok, Vicki. And I'm over the moon that there's a mixed media forum. Your art journal is amazing! I adore all the scribbling, gesso, and torn paper.
My current addiction is junk journals. Here are a couple of pages from one I've just finished.
The butterfly is printed on tissue paper (thank goodness for youtube tutorials!), and the little book on the left is actually a notebook, filled with torn papers.
7a.jpg

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I'm so glad to hear your hubby came through his surgery ok, Vicki. And I'm over the moon that there's a mixed media forum. Your art journal is amazing! I adore all the scribbling, gesso, and torn paper.
My current addiction is junk journals. Here are a couple of pages from one I've just finished.
The butterfly is printed on tissue paper (thank goodness for youtube tutorials!), and the little book on the left is actually a notebook, filled with torn papers.
View attachment 388057
Ohhh!!!! Anne, I am drooling here!!! what an amazing double pager! absolutely love that butterfly!!! Yes, Youtube is fantastic isn't it for learning all sorts of things!! I hope you share some more with us when you can! ♥♥

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
Salut !
J'ai découvert cette rubrique complètement par hasard et je suis ravie de voir le manuel MMArt dans la boutique !
Juste pour le plaisir, je vous envoie une de mes créations tirée d'un de mes journaux ! C'est en français bien sûr ! J'espère que vous apprécierez de regarder ! Bonne journée,MMART MOI_sur Oscrap_20230130_600px.jpg

Oldenmeade

Salut !
J'ai découvert cette rubrique complètement par hasard et je suis ravie de voir le manuel MMArt dans la boutique !
Juste pour le plaisir, je vous envoie une de mes créations tirée d'un de mes journaux ! C'est en français bien sûr ! J'espère que vous apprécierez de regarder ! Bonne journée,View attachment 388714
Stunning! I would love to be able to create a page like that. :heartpumpred:

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
Stunning! I would love to be able to create a page like that. :heartpumpred:
Thank you for your interest ! Your achievement has nothing to envy me! It's such a personal art that you can't compare it! We like it or we don't like it! Your post sparked my urge to share a bit of what I do manually. Thanks again! :heartpumpred: