Oscraps

Introduction to Challenge

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi all, okay, a couple of people have expressed interest in doing something for the 100 Days Craft/Art/Hobby Challenge this year so I have created this forum for us to use to post our projects in when we want to.

Points about the challenge:
  • The challenge starts on Feb 18 and the idea behind it is do something crafty, artsy or a hobby you like doing for 100 days straight.
  • There are NO rules, do whatever you want to do
  • Create a new thread and name it something like "My name - Name of Project", then come back to your thread to post your photos
  • What you post is up to you! You can do one a day, maybe create a weekly post, or even a monthly post! Totally up to you.
  • We can pop into each others threads to chat about your project

My own plan:
I am going to do small art journaling/mixed media type projects so I am going to take a photo of each day's project. Then I will make a weekly template to use to put my photos in and then post just once a week. I don't have a whiz-bang-you-beaut phone so will be using my camera to take the photos. I also like the idea of just seeing all of the finished pieces in a row, and then as I finish each week I will have a more overall view of what I have done. Well that is the plan! lol!

In this way I am going to block off some posts and keep those for my pictures and then the rest of the thread can be used to chat! :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
This is awesome, Ona - I'm planning on trying to do it again this year.

My plan:
To work in my Traveler's Notebooks. I haven't worked in them for a year or so and I just found a bunch of my old scrapping supplies, which I'm excited about. I thought they were lost in the move. Not sure from there. :)

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
This is awesome, Ona - I'm planning on trying to do it again this year.

My plan:
To work in my Traveler's Notebooks. I haven't worked in them for a year or so and I just found a bunch of my old scrapping supplies, which I'm excited about. I thought they were lost in the move. Not sure from there. :)
Isn't it great when you find something you had thought lost or misplaced! :) lol! When I am looking through my stash for a particular 'something' I often come across something else I had put in 'safe spot', never to be found again! :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4:

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Isn't it great when you find something you had thought lost or misplaced! :) lol! When I am looking through my stash for a particular 'something' I often come across something else I had put in 'safe spot', never to be found again! :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4:
SAME HERE!!! And I then make a note of where it is, if I don't have time to move it to another spot, and I lose the note... :floorlaugh:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Sounds fun!!! I am going to do a different size than I normally scrap: 8x11 landscape and I’ll be making a book out of our Disney trip. When that is done, I’ll choose another trip until 100 days are up.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
In case anyone else want it: I downloaded a photo prompt list from this site:
(scroll to the bottom, there's a link to the list there).
I'm not gonna follow it, I think, but it could be great to have a list if my own brain won't be able to think. (You all know that's very likely to happen!)

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
In case anyone else want it: I downloaded a photo prompt list from this site:
(scroll to the bottom, there's a link to the list there).
I'm not gonna follow it, I think, but it could be great to have a list if my own brain won't be able to think. (You all know that's very likely to happen!)
I'm using that one too! I am having a hard time with today's!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm using that one too! I am having a hard time with today's!

Pick another one. They're not numbered, I'm gonna mix as I like. And I will have to skip some & come up with others, since my plan is to do all photos black&white.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
and I am off to a great start,
I read it started the 28th instead of 18th!!
Diane I think there are several versions of this challenge. For instance, there is a FB group that does a 100 day challenge but your actual starting date is the date you join the group. The one that started on Feb 18 is the original one, first started by Michael Bierut (https://designobserver.com/feature/five-years-of-100-days/24678) way back in 2011. So this one is just one of the ones that has morphed from the original one. :) There are also 100 day type challenges that people in other areas of their life, like breaking a bad habit, eg. gambling, drinking or for losing weight.

janedee

I actually started this challenge, creating a layout a day. I may not be able to post everything in the gallery here as the pages I make won't necessarily be all OScraps supplies. Can I just add the pages to my thread instead?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I actually started this challenge, creating a layout a day. I may not be able to post everything in the gallery here as the pages I make won't necessarily be all OScraps supplies. Can I just add the pages to my thread instead?
Hi Jane, after chatting with Vicki about this, non-Oscraps layouts can be posted in your thread only but please:
- keep layout size small (300px x 300px)
- do not add any credits, just use the text “credits available upon request”

Special dispensation is given for this challenge since this isn’t a sponsored challenge but a fun challenge.

Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

janedee

Hi Jane, after chatting with Vicki about this, non-Oscraps layouts can be posted in your thread only but please:
- keep layout size small (300px x 300px)
- do not add any credits, just use the text “credits available upon request”

Special dispensation is given for this challenge since this isn’t a sponsored challenge but a fun challenge.

Please let me know if you have any questions. :)
That is very generous of Vicki and greatly appreciated. It will really help me keep track.

Last edited: