Oscraps

Inspired by Type - September 2015

Rita (Blue Flower Art)

Designer at the O
type_header_zpsgkhgpzid.jpg

This month's topic is "in columns".

Your challenge is to scrap a layout and add some journaling in columns. Pick a fun and quirky font (no more than 3 fonts) and do some journaling, copy some text from a book or quote your favourite quote. Your text must be laid out in two or more columns. If you're not the journaling type of scrapper then use your favourite text.

You may use an alpha or several alphas to achieve this effect however, I recommend that you use fonts for this challenge since they are easier to place and manipulate. If you are using a font, you can use the colour picker or eye dropper tool to select the colours from the kit or photo.

Here are some samples to show you what I mean:

uciblgkc5p9myd_zps5hdep1zm.jpg

zbrb55mcmnyc7i_zps5z9jynzy.jpg

htcs6poa8qa6n5_zpsfobdxfrs.jpg

99y27aur1nahe0_zpsenjzxyu8.jpg

The images are from Vintage Ad Browser

The rules
All layouts must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, September 30, 2015. All participants will be entered into a draw and two participants will be chosen to receive a $5 coupon to the Blue Flower Art shop.

Challenge rules apply:
- Please use 100% Oscraps products and some Blue Flower Art products (hint - if you don't have any Blue Flower Art product, have a quick look in the Oscraps collabs since I contribute to them regularly)
- Post your layout in Blue Flower Art designer gallery
- Post your layout in this thread and link back to the gallery LO so that we can leave you some love in the gallery
- but most of all, have funhttps://ozone.oscraps.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited by a moderator:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
This looks like fun! Love that last vintage ad... That's my last name TOWLE :love:

Rita (Blue Flower Art)

Designer at the O
Ms Katy, very nice. Excellent placement of elements and text. I love that you're telling a story and that you've picked a subject.

Barbara, good stuff. Element placement is faultless. Good choice of font for your text.

Gerli

I am going to Work on columns - it didn't Work for me, so I made 1 block at the time. The Photo is taken in the Pantomime Theatre at Tivoli, Copenhagen:
InspiredbyType-thetinderbox.jpg