Oscraps

Inspirational Quotes

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
this is probably already in this thread, but I'm putting it here again, cause i want to remember to scrap it....powerful, powerful...

"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. "
-- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

LSlycord

I like this one.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

I absolutely love quotes. This is one I found recently and bacame one of my faves (don't know if it has been posted before):

Home isn’t where our house is, but wherever we are understood. - Christian Morgenstern

anna-888

great thread!! Hope I can join this thread...I also enjoy reading quotes & collecting them. Recently, I've come across these quote and can't seem to not think about it.
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way ... "

yvonnahenna

I remember it!

It's the little things in life that makes every day extraordinary.

Saw it on Animal Planet. A commercial about animals.

yvonnahenna

I made a freebie for Anita, which I'm in the CT for.
She's going to make a blogtrain. And I made these 2 into wordarts.
And 3 more.. It starts somewhere in september.

petey111

"We all have lives of value, no matter how different our journeys."

--From Paper, Scissors, Death: A Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery....yes...it's a scrapbooking mystery book. =)

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
A favourite of mine:
"I aways knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh
but I never knew looking back at the laughter could make me cry."
author unknown

I love this one! Definitely want to use this sometime.

I love searching for quotes. I have a hard time with journalling so typically find quotes to fit instead.

From thinkexist.com today:
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John W. Gardner

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you." - Colin Raye

“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.” - Calvin & Hobbes

Scrapness

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you. ~Irish Blessing

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. ~Babatunde Olatunji

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James

photoscrapin

what a great thread!!

Kind words can be shrt and easy to speak but their echoes are endless. Mother Teresa

Two roads diverged by a yellow wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end.

Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next. Both of these by Gilda Radner

and that's it for today!!!

janedee

Great thread - I love finding new quotes to use.

Here's a few of mine - Brian Andreas has some wonderful quotes!

"I once had a garden filled with flowers that grew only on dark thoughts but they need constant attention & one day I decided I had better things to do. "
— Brian Andreas

I didn't listen to her because she was my mother & wouldn't know anything until I was much older."
— Brian Andreas

"I used to believe my father about everything but then I had children myself & now I see how much stuff you make up just to keep yourself from going crazy."
— Brian Andreas (Story People)

and a couple more:

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
Gilda Radner

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!" - Albus Dumbledore

Worry is like a rocking chair – it gives you something to do but it gets you nowhere

petey111

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...”

-Emerson

Ellen

# LIFE is what happens when you are busy making other plans-
John Lennon

# Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go

# Make your own music

# Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an AWESOME thread! I have files and files of quotes I love. I even did a set of word art on quotes for a site I CT for. I'll rummage and whittle down and come back to post.
Love this idea. I already got some inspiration!
:)

cwps29

What a great thread! One of my favorite quotes is "worrying is like praying for what you don't want" but I can't remember the name of the lady that said it, only that she was a cancer survivor.

petey111

A perfect quotation for New Year's Eve

"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

-Walt Disney

petey111

A birth certificate shows you were born.
A death certificate shows you have died.
A photo album shows you have lived.