Oscraps

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.....

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
  1. I was in a discussion recently about "ceramic" pans, knives, etc. I have owned ceramic knives for years and was surprised that so many had not heard of them. I wouldn't have any other kind of knives now. What about you? Do you ceramic "anything"? Have you tried ceramic knives? Here are what my look like - mine are Cuisinart, I'm not sure what brand these are.download-(14).jpg

Caro

CHEERY O
I have heard of them but I do not own any ceramic "anything" and haven't tried using them.

ciusDip.gif

tjscraps

I have a set but then they like ... chipped? I don' t know if that's the right word - a big chunk is missing on 2 of them so I don't want to use them anymore.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have ceramic tile! :rolleyes:
Actually, I do use ceramic knives and LOVE them!!! :)
I have one ceramic pan but I recently gave it away...just give me my cast iron pans. haha
Oh, I love cast iron pans, too. I just ordered my dd one for Christmas - she asked for one - a skillet.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have a set but then they like ... chipped? I don' t know if that's the right word - a big chunk is missing on 2 of them so I don't want to use them anymore.
It's really strange, Trina. I've had a set that chipped, and my last set (Cuisanart) didn't. I don't know what the difference is. I still have the very first ceramic knife I bought from that "As Seen on TV" section at Walgreen's. It was years ago - I think it was called a Ginsu knife.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I've never heard of them either, unless that Ginsu knife Cheryl mentioned is one. Even so, I've never tried one.