Oscraps

Improved Scrapping Setup

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
That’s wonderfu! Congrats!

I have tried — twice — to use two monitors. But I just can’t seem to get the hang of it,

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Ooh, nice! My daughter uses 2 monitors at work and uses 3 monitors in her gaming! I've never had the opportunity to try it out.

LSlycord

I used to use two monitors when I worked! I'm anxious to hear more about your set up. I have been thinking that I might invest in one too...I'd use the excuse that I need it when I go back to work. LOL

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I don't think I'd be able to use two monitors. I'm having a hard time keeping up with one. LOL

zanthia

CHEERY O
thats wonderful ! my extent of using 2 monitors is ihve a desktop monitor - 27 inches and off to the side is a 15 inch laptop

zanthia

CHEERY O
My daughter uses 3 monitors in her gaming!

oh so jealous - what type of gaming does she do - i now like 3 - 24 inch monitors all next to each other ( slightly angled the end ones ) is pretty popular gaming setup

tjscraps

I am so jealous! I have 2 monitors at work, and it's wonderful. I scrap on a laptop so no 2 monitors and no way to do it lol But I wish I could!!!!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I am so jealous! I have 2 monitors at work, and it's wonderful. I scrap on a laptop so no 2 monitors and no way to do it lol But I wish I could!!!!
I'm using a laptop. This portable monitor uses my USB C port to connect and get power.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Right now, I'm basically putting the file explorer on one screen and Photoshop on the other. There's a couple of things you have to get used to but it's worth it.

sabinaraye

Well, what do you know? Why didn't I think of that? My daughter works from home and she has two monitors... I'm going to try this for my scrapping setup, too. Thanks, Scribler!

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I love working with 2 screens! I do at my computer club where I follow InlinkedLearning Illustrator, Indesign and photoshop courses. At home I have one..

Great Christmas gift!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Enjoy it! I have 2 monitors on my main PC for scrapping in my home office. But a few months ago I got another monitor to have dual monitors for my laptop in the living room so now I can scrap up there too. You get spoilt with having 2 and, at least for me, I just can't scrap on one monitor alone anymore.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
oh so jealous - what type of gaming does she do - i now like 3 - 24 inch monitors all next to each other ( slightly angled the end ones ) is pretty popular gaming setup
So I was mistaken, she uses 2 monitors for her PC and has a laptop running on the side, lol. I always forget what kind of gaming she does so this is what she said when I asked her: "I play two games that are mmorpgs and my favorite one is Destiny which is a space adventure/looter-shooter."

Does that make any sense to you, Stacey? o_O

zanthia

CHEERY O
So I was mistaken, she uses 2 monitors for her PC and has a laptop running on the side, lol. I always forget what kind of gaming she does so this is what she said when I asked her: "I play two games that are mmorpgs and my favorite one is Destiny which is a space adventure/looter-shooter."

Does that make any sense to you, Stacey? o_O
it does - i dont like multiplayer at all.

Reactions: AZK

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
it does - i dont like multiplayer at all.
Since I've never done any online gaming of any sort, I don't really have an opinion. She did meet her boyfriend through the gaming, though, so there's that. :)

zanthia

CHEERY O
Since I've never done any online gaming of any sort, I don't really have an opinion. She did meet her boyfriend through the gaming, though, so there's that. :)

how wonderful she met her boyfriend that way

online gaming is very popular, its jsut not for me especially with my typing issues - tried 2 online rpg gmaes many years ago . Now single player i love. co-op play could be interesting though

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
You will love it. After I got my second one at work I wondered how I ever lived without it like I did once I got my serger. How did I ever sew without it and all those neat, tidy edges?

My second monitor is actually a 32-inch Vizio smart TV. When I'm working on something that doesn't require the second screen I can stream on it. Great for watching how to videos and my favorite shows!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
You will love it. After I got my second one at work I wondered how I ever lived without it like I did once I got my serger. How did I ever sew without it and all those neat, tidy edges?

My second monitor is actually a 32-inch Vizio smart TV. When I'm working on something that doesn't require the second screen I can stream on it. Great for watching how to videos and my favorite shows!
My dh's monitor for his home office is a 43" TCL Roku TV. We got it at the beginning of the pandemic when we realized that working from home was going to last longer than a month. He absolutely loves it.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Found another great use for the second screen last night. Because I scrap on a 15" laptop, a portion of the layer styles box always covers my layout no matter how far I pull it over. Now I can just pull it over to the second screen. I use those settings a lot, so that was an exciting discovery.

• Love
Reactions: AZK

Kythe

CHEERY O
I have been using 2 24" monitors for a few years now. I don't know what I would do without the second one. I can have my PSE workspace on one and 2-3 kits open on the other. A great way to scrap easily and be able to see what you are working with.

I also have all my LO's in slide shows and use them as rotating screen savers. That way I get to see my work and enjoy them rather than having them on a disk and hidden away.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I have been using 2 24" monitors for a few years now. I don't know what I would do without the second one. I can have my PSE workspace on one and 2-3 kits open on the other. A great way to scrap easily and be able to see what you are working with.

I also have all my LO's in slide shows and use them as rotating screen savers. That way I get to see my work and enjoy them rather than having them on a disk and hidden away.
I'm gonna have to think about the slideshow idea. I was looking for an older layout recently and I saw so many pages that I really liked how they turned out and no one ever looks at them again. Made me a little sad.