Oscraps

If you've switched from Mac to Windows...

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro. I love my Mac and I love OS X. However, my Mac has started acting weird lately. Random keys will stop working and I have to reboot to get them working again. I had two separate issues this morning that required me to reboot. The second time, I did a full shut down in hopes of improving things.

With the changes Apple has made that make the Macbooks impossible to upgrade, I can't really afford to get a new Macbook. (With my current one, I got the base model and upgraded the ram and hard drive later. That is no longer an option. Thanks Apple!)

I see a new laptop in my future, so I am wondering if anyone has switched from Mac to Windows and what they thought of the change. Also, if you've recently purchased a sub $1000 Windows laptop that you like, please let me know.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have only used Windows, so I have no advice. It is ridiculous to me that companies tie your hands when it comes to things breaking down/needing upgrades. It is so darn expensive.
Hope you can figure something out.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I have only used Windows, so I have no advice. It is ridiculous to me that companies tie your hands when it comes to things breaking down/needing upgrades. It is so darn expensive.
Hope you can figure something out.

One of the reasons I've held on to this Mac for so long was because it was one of the last upgradeable ones. In the quest for thinness, we've given up choice. I hate it.