Oscraps

I need to share a funny....

TaraLyn

DD (6) loves playing with the camera. I toyed with the idea of getting her an inexpensive P&S for Christmas, but I already have one (in addition to the dRebel) and I could already see DH's eye roll. Much of the time that she asks to take pics I do let her...I mean what's the harm....it's only the battery. I don't waste film.

About a week and 1/2 ago she was playing with the camera while a friend and I visited and knitted. I knew she was taking more photos than usual, but again---what's the harm? I also caught her taking some silly self portraits. I completely forgot about all of it until last night. I had taken the last 3 Project 365 photos with the P&S and wanted to get them off the card. I sat there laughing and laughing as I watched them download. Most pics are poor quality, but there is so much more to it than that. It was really funny to watch her ham it up--completely unencumbered. There has to be at least a dozen "self portrait' photos of her. I think I'm doing a layout!

She also took a bunch of other photos including her Littlest Pet Shop toys (which is why she wanted the camera), my latest yarn stash additions, my friend and I deep in concentration on our first afghan squares, and odd objects around the house.

I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have her do a Project 365 too....hmm....

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Tara...that is soooo fun!! you should totally let her do 365!! perfect!! can't wait to see the cutie LO!!!

Merkee

Kids are so great with cameras. They see things in a different perspective and can really get some great shots. You should have her do the 365 project. That would be so great for her and something special the two of you share..

TaraLyn

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Tara...that is soooo fun!! you should totally let her do 365!! perfect!! can't wait to see the cutie LO!!!

I was thinking more about this and I think that might be overwhelming for her. I was thinking maybe let her take photos 1x a week or so and then go over them with me and pick one or two that are her favorites.

She has a small stash of paper scrap stuff that she got from relatives for her 5th b-day. I think I'm going to print out the photos she chooses and let her try paper scrapping---she loves to write so it would be cool to have her journaling in her own hand---mis-spellings and all! Down the road I'll let her play with digital. :)

Bush Girl

Ha - yep, I've also come across photos taken by my kids, and quite a number by my daughter have featured in LOs I've done. I even did a LO using pics my 3 yr old took - although I didn't dare tell my hubby that Woody had touched the camera let alone used it!

Jodie McNally Designs

aka lilysmama
LOL! Lily is allll about taking photos, too! I think I will let her take a pic a week this year and "scwapbookit" as she calls it. :) Thanks for the inspiration! :)

TaraLyn

Sounds like we all have kids that like the camera....I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

This could be a good thing both ways too. I have tons of paper scrap stuff I don't bother with (too much hassle). I can use the time she is paper scrapping to work with paper myself...a LO, some cards, a hybrid project...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
what agreat idea to make a lo with her pics!
And I loooove digital cameras-- so nice to let the kids have free reign and not have to worry about spending all that money on developing film of :confused: shots

petey111

That is sooo funny Tara because I have the same thing going on with my 3 year old. Every time I take a pic, he wants to take one too. It's hillarious to see the shots that he takes! I started a layout of the pics he took of himself a few months ago, but I've been wondering how to handle these other pics that he's taking. =)

TaraLyn

That is sooo funny Tara because I have the same thing going on with my 3 year old. Every time I take a pic, he wants to take one too. It's hillarious to see the shots that he takes! I started a layout of the pics he took of himself a few months ago, but I've been wondering how to handle these other pics that he's taking. =)

Give him some paper and let him go to town!

TaraLyn

So I told DD last night about the scrapbook idea. She wasn't surprised at all, but she was VERY excited. It will be on our list of things to do this weekend.

I also did a LO of a few of her "self-portrait" photos. You can see it here.