Oscraps

I Am Not Doing Well With Balancing Life and Scrapping!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
How do you MAKE yourself stop scrapping and do what must be done in the house?? I'm only slightly tongue-in-cheek here. I get done what I need to (most of the time) but I find myself diving deeper and deeper into scrapping challenges and CT Work, and now I joined an art drawing/mixed media school and I'm torn! A digi page, a mixed media page (which could take hours), watch teaching videos, or do housework?? Housework always seems to get in the way of my muse! LOLOLOLOL

If you're like me, what tricks do you use to get what must be done finished yet indulge your muse when it hits you?

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
Housework in the morning, then fysiotherapy, some gardening if weather allows. Next 2 or 3 hours me-time. Cooking dinner….evenings are for youtube tutorials, reading, netflix.’..

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
So, housework first. Eh. You're right. LOL
Yep, then it’s done. When I sit down at my computer in the morning, I stay there all day.

There's something deeply gratifying about crossing items off my to-do list and knowing that my home is clean and organized. By contrast, if I start my day by diving into my hobbies, I feel guilty or anxious about neglecting the things that need to get done.When I’m surrounded by clutter or have a long list of chores hanging over my head, it can be difficult to fully immerse myself in my hobbies and enjoy them to the fullest.
Of course, there will always be days when I just don't feel like doing chores, and that's okay. But in general, making a habit of prioritizing housework before hobbies help me stay organized, productive, and ultimately more satisfied with how I spend my time

pachimac

CHEERY O
Yep, then it’s done. When I sit down at my computer in the morning, I stay there all day.

There's something deeply gratifying about crossing items off my to-do list and knowing that my home is clean and organized. By contrast, if I start my day by diving into my hobbies, I feel guilty or anxious about neglecting the things that need to get done.When I’m surrounded by clutter or have a long list of chores hanging over my head, it can be difficult to fully immerse myself in my hobbies and enjoy them to the fullest.
Of course, there will always be days when I just don't feel like doing chores, and that's okay. But in general, making a habit of prioritizing housework before hobbies help me stay organized, productive, and ultimately more satisfied with how I spend my time

You're right. I always do feel guilty when I let the house slide. I still have a kid at home and I don't have a lot of "me" time. I need to just grow up and realize that she will be gone some day to her own life, and I can have the time then. (SOB!)

Kythe

CHEERY O
Most times I do my 'chores' first. Then again they will always be there so when I am down or have lots on my mind I scrap to chill.
If chores don't get done so what. They can wait it's not like royalty is knocking on my door. :rotfl::floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, as some of you know - I'm a terrible night owl. :rotfl: I love scrapping at night - that's MY time. I do what I need to do around here during the day, watch tv with hubby for a couple of hours in the evening, then he goes to bed early. I've been a night owl my whole life. I got everybody to bed, then I could do whatever I needed/wanted to do with no interruptions.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Most times I do my 'chores' first. Then again they will always be there so when I am down or have lots on my mind I scrap to chill.
If chores don't get done so what. They can wait it's not like royalty is knocking on my door. :rotfl::floorlaugh:

Ha ha - royalty won't be at my door either! My hubby works weird hours and when he's home he's tired and likes things in order. I don't blame him. I just feel like since I'm home all day, I should be able to get it all done. It's a pressure I put on myself.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Well, as some of you know - I'm a terrible night owl. :rotfl: I love scrapping at night - that's MY time. I do what I need to do around here during the day, watch tv with hubby for a couple of hours in the evening, then he goes to bed early. I've been a night owl my whole life. I got everybody to bed, then I could do whatever I needed/wanted to do with no interruptions.
I need to get to the point where I don't go to bed with him. I really like the time we have just before he falls asleep - and he needs to be up at 3:30 am, so as you know, bed time is early. Maybe I should go to bed with him, and then sneak out for a few hours.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I need to get to the point where I don't go to bed with him. I really like the time we have just before he falls asleep - and he needs to be up at 3:30 am, so as you know, bed time is early. Maybe I should go to bed with him, and then sneak out for a few hours.
Sounds like a plan to me also sounds like something I would totally do. :rotfl:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I think that @svanderhaegen is my long-lost Belgian twin. Sonja, I am exactly the same way and my days are usually scheduled like yours are. I need to start my day with a solid to-do list or I am lost. Housework needs to get done in the morning because I am psychologically damaged.:tongueout1: Getting my chores done gives me permission to scrap or I feel guilty or anxious.
If on the odd chance that I have free time in the morning, I'll set a timer so I don't end up "wasting" the day.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I am at home, not working, so I have more free time. I like to break up house chores into segments, just 15-20 min at a time. So I might do a chore or two in the morning and then a few more in the afternoon. By 3 or so, I no longer do any chores, just relax for a few hours before dinner time. So I am able to fit my scrapping in and get some things done. But when I was working, it was night time scrapping. Chores got done eventually but definitely suffered. There was just never enough time in the day.

timounette

CHEERY O
My job first (it takes a lot of space ... too much I guess), then some cooking for dinner, then some sport. And if I'm no too tired, I can scrap a page.
In the past I used to scrap a page a day, but I can't now. Perhaps because I spend too much times in meetings and behind a computer.

pachimac

CHEERY O
I think that @svanderhaegen is my long-lost Belgian twin. Sonja, I am exactly the same way and my days are usually scheduled like yours are. I need to start my day with a solid to-do list or I am lost. Housework needs to get done in the morning because I am psychologically damaged.:tongueout1: Getting my chores done gives me permission to scrap or I feel guilty or anxious.
If on the odd chance that I have free time in the morning, I'll set a timer so I don't end up "wasting" the day.
I think my problem is that my days are so UN structured. Meli is in high school now so she doesn't need me to help her with school anymore. I have never been a lister person, but maybe I should. I am dropping the ball on a few things in life lately...

pachimac

CHEERY O
I am at home, not working, so I have more free time. I like to break up house chores into segments, just 15-20 min at a time. So I might do a chore or two in the morning and then a few more in the afternoon. By 3 or so, I no longer do any chores, just relax for a few hours before dinner time. So I am able to fit my scrapping in and get some things done. But when I was working, it was night time scrapping. Chores got done eventually but definitely suffered. There was just never enough time in the day.
I'm home all day too. I find myself sleeping in later - I gotta nip that in the bud again. I don't have my nights anymore because of hubby's work schedule. I will try doing a little at a time!

pachimac

CHEERY O
My job first (it takes a lot of space ... too much I guess), then some cooking for dinner, then some sport. And if I'm no too tired, I can scrap a page.
In the past I used to scrap a page a day, but I can't now. Perhaps because I spend too much times in meetings and behind a computer.
My job is home schooling a high schooler right now - which entails a lot of motivating to get working, and then waiting for her to need help. LOL

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I've enjoyed reading everybody's posts. Each of us have a different set of circumstances so what works for one person may not work for another. We are all wired our own way and have our own sets of goals, energy levels and situations. I watch our baby granddaughter. Her mama, our daughter, started a new job a few weeks ago. As she is training and getting acclimated, Lately, I have watched the baby 9-10 hours a day. I do get to scrap while she is napping or playing with her toys. However, since I am at their home, I am not able to do my chores until I get home. After 9-10 hours, I tend to be tired when I get home. I do what I can with my housework and also prepare lessons for the Sunday school and children's Bible club for Wednesdays and Sundays. I am hoping that things slow down a bit to do some deep Spring cleaning in preparation for Easter. Here are some tips for cleaning your house :

pachimac

CHEERY O
I've enjoyed reading everybody's posts. Each of us have a different set of circumstances so what works for one person may not work for another. We are all wired our own way and have our own sets of goals, energy levels and situations. I watch our baby granddaughter. Her mama, our daughter, started a new job a few weeks ago. As she is training and getting acclimated, Lately, I have watched the baby 9-10 hours a day. I do get to scrap while she is napping or playing with her toys. However, since I am at their home, I am not able to do my chores until I get home. After 9-10 hours, I tend to be tired when I get home. I do what I can with my housework and also prepare lessons for the Sunday school and children's Bible club for Wednesdays and Sundays. I am hoping that things slow down a bit to do some deep Spring cleaning in preparation for Easter. Here are some tips for cleaning your house :
Thank you!! I will definitely take a look at those!! I don't ever "finish" a task from beginning to end. I move to another one and then another...and don't always get back to them. This will help!

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
If it is crunch time in scrapping, I am scrapping! Now I don't have kids. If my grandson is over, I focus all my attention on him (he's 3) and not good at doing stuff while I am on the computer! Now I often choose scrapping over everything!!! lol

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
If it is crunch time in scrapping, I am scrapping! Now I don't have kids. If my grandson is over, I focus all my attention on him (he's 3) and not good at doing stuff while I am on the computer! Now I often choose scrapping over everything!!! lol
He is three already? I feel like it was just a few months ago when you first got to see him!

Su_Sanne

How do you MAKE yourself stop scrapping and do what must be done in the house?? I'm only slightly tongue-in-cheek here. I get done what I need to (most of the time) but I find myself diving deeper and deeper into scrapping challenges and CT Work, and now I joined an art drawing/mixed media school and I'm torn! A digi page, a mixed media page (which could take hours), watch teaching videos, or do housework?? Housework always seems to get in the way of my muse! LOLOLOLOL

If you're like me, what tricks do you use to get what must be done finished yet indulge your muse when it hits you?
I can understand you so well!!! When I'm in the absolute scrap phase, the household has to be done very quickly and then get to the PC (from October to around March :angelwhistle:) DH also helps me a lot, so far I'm not alone in front of the housework. From spring to autumn I spend a lot of time in the garden and enjoy working there. TV is often too boring for me, so I prefer to scrapp. My husband likes to read or listen to audio books, so these hobbies go well together. I've also been retired for almost a year and can finally enjoy time for myself and my hobbies!!