Oscraps

How often do you use quick pages instead of scrapping a new LO?

How often do you use quick pages instead of scrapping a new LO?

• From time to time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always, I love QP!

• Only when I´m in a hurry.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I never use QP anymore.... There is no scrapping involved and it just defeats the purpose? I wouldn't just add one photo to a premade page and post it to a gallery... sure, I could add title and journaling and make it one of my private album pages, but then again, most QP contain gorgeous clusters and are not practical for memory keeping. A long time ago I bought a set of premade pocket pages (double spreads) and filled them with my photos. That was srapping done in 20 min and the pages looked beautiful... but they were not mine and that somehow did it for me and scrapping had felt like work, rather than joy. I think I got seduced once more by a different designer to buy a pre-made artsy pockets double spread... but realized my photos didn't fit the photo spots, lol and png's - sadly - aren't editable... I LOVE templates though :)

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I never use QP anymore.... There is no scrapping involved and it just defeats the purpose? I wouldn't just add one photo to a premade page and post it to a gallery... sure, I could add title and journaling and make it one of my private album pages, but then again, most QP contain gorgeous clusters and are not practical for memory keeping. A long time ago I bought a set of premade pocket pages (double spreads) and filled them with my photos. That was srapping done in 20 min and the pages looked beautiful... but they were not mine and that somehow did it for me and scrapping had felt like work, rather than joy. I think I got seduced once more by a different designer to buy a pre-made artsy pockets double spread... but realized my photos didn't fit the photo spots, lol and png's - sadly - aren't editable... I LOVE templates though :)
Totally agree!! I used it once, at the beginning of my scrap adventure and didn´t like it!! However I did some QP for designers, LoL.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I used a PNG one once but I had to add to it. I used some paint and spatters and blended them into the QP.
I have used PSD quick pages occasionally since that gives a little more ability to move some of the layers around to swap elements out. I rarely see that kind in kits and they aren't something that I would look for. I prefer templates if I am looking for more structure to get me started
I pretty much agree with everything that @Jam-on-toast said :)

Kythe

CHEERY O
Me too. If I use a QP it is one that I have made from scratch. Pre-made are not for me.
However I can see the value in them if you are not a true scrapper and just want to make pages for a one time project.