Oscraps

How do you stay organized?

tjscraps

Do you keep track of what events/photos you've already scrapped and which ones need to be scrapped still? I feel like I need a better system - right now it's a non-system lol

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I have year folders 2020, 2021 etc... and name my layouts '01-02, trip to..' means january-layout2- place ... so a quick look at the preview is enough...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nope, no organization for personal photos to be scrapped. If I am working on an album for my family (my nephew's annual book or my ILs travel albums) I will have a separate folder for all of the photos, then subfolders of the To Be Scrapped and then the finished Los. Not sure I call that "organization" but that is all I got :D

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Oh that I did. Some of my older photos are sort of organized by date cause Windows did that automatically. Once I switched to Dropbox, that stopped happening so none now.

margje

The O is awesOme
I have a lot of externals grouped by categories and time zones also! And I have a little journal close by hand to write down new ideas I want to scrap! My photo's that I want to scrap are in a special folder too!

Kythe

CHEERY O
Yes I do keep track. I have a working folder for each year. Within that is a file for each month where I keep any photos for the month (numbered) and a word doc with notes about each photo. Also in each monthly file, I keep a file for those photos I have used. I label that 'used' or 'done'. That way I always have the original. The finished pages are then added to a folder marked 'Finished scraps" in another drive sorted by year. Each finished page is labeled by date (month, day, year)
folder 1: <year
<month 01-jan
- photos numbered
<notes photo 01 --on a word doc
< used photos

New Drive < Finished Scraps
< year
< pages labeled by month, day, year

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I have made folders (I dare not say how many) I will tell a small selection, but I can not list them all, because the folders are also divided into subfolders with years
So I have folders for my family, also here several subfolders
folders of trips I've done
folders with animals
folders of everything that flies (subfolders of birds, butterflies, insects, etc) which are subdivided into types of birds, types of butterflies
folders of shoots I've done
folders flowers (again subdivided into many subfolders
this is a "small" selection from my folders :D

Rachel Jefferies

Designer
Designer
Organised?!? Wha?!?

giphy.gif

I have a pretty good system for my design work but scrapping ugh!
I am the kind of scrapper who makes a page when a Kit speaks to me. I go hunting on my iphone for the photo that I know matches, edit it, share to Mac and off I go. I don't scrap chronologically, I mostly just don't have the time, I dip into scrapping whenever I have the free time (?!?) and make as many pages as I can.

Still haven't plucked up the nerve to organise these into albums and get them printed - say what ?!? But I MUST do that soon, and a very sweet scrappy friend sent me a lovely e-mail about how she puts all of her non chronological layouts into chronological order for her books and gave me some tips for where she gets them printed. Maybe that will be my 2022 goal - let's get this done!!

giphy.gif

So yeah, maybe it's the designer in me I guess that the kits speak to me first, or if it's for my Pocket Art Series (coming to Oscraps soon!) I actually scrap the page as part of the design process and create a kit to match the photos, but with that I always have a colour scheme first.

See I'm weird!

giphy.gif

So in answer to your question about if I record which events are left to scrap, nope it's all buried in my iphone

giphy.gif

tjscraps

I have made folders (I dare not say how many) I will tell a small selection, but I can not list them all, because the folders are also divided into subfolders with years
So I have folders for my family, also here several subfolders
folders of trips I've done
folders with animals
folders of everything that flies (subfolders of birds, butterflies, insects, etc) which are subdivided into types of birds, types of butterflies
folders of shoots I've done
folders flowers (again subdivided into many subfolders
this is a "small" selection from my folders :D
That's a lot of folders!

I do organize my photos - by month and/or date ... but that's unrelated to my scrapping

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
I used to be SOOOO organised.

I had lists of what needed to be scrapped for various albums (travel albums/ family history / Daughter one / Daughter two / monthly review ... ) and would work through them in a reasonably chronological order and tick them off as they were done.

giphy.gif

However, like pretty much everything else in my life, now I just please myself ;-) I have all my photos backed up to Flickr and I'll just scroll through there till I see one that 'speaks' to me on that particular day and will have fun creating, even if I've already scrapped that pic before (or 3 times before!)

The layouts get chucked into folders (random layouts for Daughter One, random layouts for Daughter Two, random layouts of me etc - and that last one is also a new one since I never used to scrap myself!). When the folders start to bulge I'll print them as an album without bothering to sort the pages into chronological order so you never know what you are going to get when you turn the page.

giphy.gif

newbie2digi

When I used photoshop elements and used the organizer to tag and sort everything, I was very organized. But then I switched over to PhotoshopCC and, there went the organization. Now, I think I'm more of a laughing in the face of chaos kind of scrapper. I've been taking a bit more time in the last couple of months to organize as I'm prepping for a new computer in the Fall. However, over the last 20 (yes I said 20) years, my husband has continuously dumped cell phone photos on the external hard drive and my computer. But, he never looks to see if he's already dumped the photos. You can see where I'm going with this. So even when I was using the Elements Organizer, it was a false sensation that I was good to go. Now, I've finally started pulling all of the dumps into one folder and clearing them up by event and then 4 folders of candids (one for each of us in the family and one for friends and family). I'm not done, although I was so close last week when hubby called from his office. uh oh! He knew what I'd been doing so for some reason, he went digging. "Honey, I don't think you have all these photos. I've just put them in the Naz folder." Face plant. I still haven't been able to bring myself to look in that folder.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That's a GOOD question!! I TRY so hard to stay organized with my pictures. If I use the same pictures for the same site, I plead the fifth. I try so hard NOT to do that. BWAJAHa