Oscraps

How do you read your books?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
The discussion in the other thread about good books to read got me thinking---are you one of those people who have several books going at once? Not me! If I read a book, or more accurately, a book series that captures my imagination, I read that book/series to the exclusion of other books and even TV shows or movies. I get so immersed in the world that the author creates that I'm sad when it's over and it takes me a little time to get out of that space and ready for a new story!

Screenshot 2024-01-15 123046.jpg

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I have 2 books going on the same time. One for downstairs and one for in bed. The book for in bed is usually an easy read.

Reactions: AZK

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I prefer to listen to audio books, so I can multi task and still get a good book read!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I can have a couple of books going at the same time. But if I am reading a series, I like to read them in order - one right after the other. Then I will dip into a single book before I start another series. I like to re-read books - especially if it a series or author I really like. I collect books so I can read my favorites whenever I want.

Right now, I am on the hunt for another sci/fy series/author, Put in a hold at the library for 3 books by different authors to see if I can find one I really like.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm usually reading two books at the same time, plus listening to an audio book. I read on my Kindle.

Robloz55

I have 2 books usually going at the same time. I only read E-Books. So I read one on my PC which is out in the lounge and I will a different book on my Kindle which stays beside my bed!!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I have 2 books usually going at the same time. I only read E-Books. So I read one on my PC which is out in the lounge and I will a different book on my Kindle which stays beside my bed!!
I have 2 books going on the same time. One for downstairs and one for in bed. The book for in bed is usually an easy read.

I'm usually reading two books at the same time, plus listening to an audio book. I read on my Kindle.

I appear to be in the minority! I know I've read more than one book at a time at least once, but it's pretty rare for me!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I prefer to listen to audio books, so I can multi task and still get a good book read!!
I used to do all my reading on audiobooks! I'd listen to them in my car to and from work, and then when pulling weeds or some other activity that allowed it. My lifestyle is so different now, I prefer to do my reading with my eyes instead of my ears.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I can have a couple of books going at the same time. But if I am reading a series, I like to read them in order - one right after the other. Then I will dip into a single book before I start another series. I like to re-read books - especially if it a series or author I really like. I collect books so I can read my favorites whenever I want.

Right now, I am on the hunt for another sci/fy series/author, Put in a hold at the library for 3 books by different authors to see if I can find one I really like.
I love series books, and yes, you absolutely HAVE to read them in order! I'm too frugal to buy random books anymore--if I've read a book from the library, I'll end up buying it if and when I want to read it again. Nowadays I buy my books in e-pub format so I can read them on my tablet.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I appear to be in the minority! I know I've read more than one book at a time at least once, but it's pretty rare for me!
Two different books plus add in a different book on audio - :giggle4: :lol23: I've always done that and it used to drive my mom crazy!!

• Haha

LSlycord

I have several going---one self improvement (can only take so much self improvement at a time ;) ), an audible book and one on my Kindle. However, once I find a really good book, I get obsessed and don't touch anything else until I'm done. After reading a book that I love, I cannot read anything else for a day or two...I need to come out of the world I was just in!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
..... However, once I find a really good book, I get obsessed and don't touch anything else until I'm done. After reading a book that I love, I cannot read anything else for a day or two...I need to come out of the world I was just in!

That is me 100%!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm like Angie! I read a whole book series and typically only one at a time. I will then read a self improvement type book in between, before starting a new series.

janedee

I usually have two on the go, sometimes three. One will be a paper book and the others e-books. I find that if I don't get totally absorbed in the paper one, it can sit around for a couple of months before I get it finished.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I usually have two on the go, sometimes three. One will be a paper book and the others e-books. I find that if I don't get totally absorbed in the paper one, it can sit around for a couple of months before I get it finished.
I don't think I've ever let a book that I've started hang around! If I start one and find I don't really care for it, I just hurry up and finish it so I can move on to something else.

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
I like to "hear" a series, so I have been on audible to collect points. I will buy a whole series to listen to it. I only listen to it now. I have an Oasis reader that is collecting dust.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Yes, audiobooks were my preferred method of "reading" for many years!