Oscraps

How can I increase the resolution of photos?

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
I have PSE/2020. I scrap for my kids. Often, I get low resolution photos. How can I increase the resolution on these photos? I am on a MacBook Air

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
In PSE 2019 in Windows, I select Image from the top bar>Resize from the drop-down menu>Image Size and then I get the window seen below. I would change the resolution from 72 to 300; sometimes I then change the document size if needed to keep it manageable. Make sure all of the boxes at the bottom are checked.

Screenshot 2021-08-28 163703.jpg

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I don't think you can make a better photo out of a low resolution photo... you can't make pixels that aren't there...
I don't know how you get the pictures of your kids ... they can probably send them in a higher resolution or possibly upload them in a dropbox/google drive ...
As Cheryl said ... try to use some filters to make them pop ...

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Here's a link from Adobe that might help. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/increase-resolution.html

I usually just edit them the best I can and sometimes use photo techniques to make them pop a little. Play around with the filters on PS and PSE. I use PSE and sometimes the Sketch - Comic filter helps.

Can you "diplomatically" suggest that they increase the resolution when they're taking pictures?
Thanks for passing this on. Yesterday I asked
a friend who sent me a 312 KB via fb to resend it via email, and the original is 10X larger. I am lucky to get any pictures at all, much less an email. These guys text everything. The smaller pictures turn out OK, but when I want to spread out a photo to fill one of Anna's scenic templates, it has to be higher resolution.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Thanks for passing this on. Yesterday I asked
a friend who sent me a 312 KB via fb to resend it via email, and the original is 10X larger. I am lucky to get any pictures at all, much less an email. These guys text everything. The smaller pictures turn out OK, but when I want to spread out a photo to fill one of Anna's scenic templates, it has to be higher resolution.

Try saving the image they send via text to your photos. Then email the photo to yourself. Be sure to choose full size if it gives you that option. That might get you the full size image.

bijutoha

I think, in Photoshop CC, the solution is Preserve Details 2.0
Steps: Choose Preferences > Technology Preview > Enable Preserve Details 2.0 Upscale.

image-resolution-1.png
image-resolution-2.png

This time, when you go to the picture size (Alt+Ctrl+I), you will notice the option develop Preserve Details 2.0. Check it, and then choose your pixels. Once you see the preview, let's look at how much better this is than the previous.

image-resolution-3.png