Oscraps

Help with Some Ideas to Take Pictures This season...

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
When you don't have a little kid, and you're not going to all the Christmas activities you used to! My photos are getting so stale.

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
I have the same. I take pictures of food, decorations, I use posters of christmas movies watched, decorations in cities or shopping malls…’

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Do you have any pets that you could include in photos? What about the preparation photos such as the tree in the process of being decorated, gifts in the process of getting wrapped. You could even take photos of things such as gift lists. I am in the same boat as you as our kids are all grown. I tend to use their Christmas photos with the grands to scrap.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I hear ya! I am lucky that I have full permission to "steal" my SIL's photos of my nephew off of FB. I have also been going through some old pictures of my kids when they were babies.
But yeah, stale is a good word *nods*

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Wander around your city, take photos of the lights, decorations, parks, city streets, store windows, craft fairs, the mall.

At home, take photos of fave decorations, your tree, decor, xmas jammies, fave xmas book/movie.

pachimac

CHEERY O
I have the same. I take pictures of food, decorations, I use posters of christmas movies watched, decorations in cities or shopping malls…’
I am doing that too. I think maybe I have to change the way I look at chronicling our lives. It doesn’t have to be through her eyes.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Do you have any pets that you could include in photos? What about the preparation photos such as the tree in the process of being decorated, gifts in the process of getting wrapped. You could even take photos of things such as gift lists. I am in the same boat as you as our kids are all grown. I tend to use their Christmas photos with the grands to scrap.
Yep - we have two crazy chihuahuas. Lol! They are either a blur or sleeping!

pachimac

CHEERY O
I hear ya! I am lucky that I have full permission to "steal" my SIL's photos of my nephew off of FB. I have also been going through some old pictures of my kids when they were babies.
But yeah, stale is a good word *nods*
Melissa is the youngest of all the kids, and only one has kids but we are not close. The kid door is definitely closed here.

pachimac

CHEERY O
Wander around your city, take photos of the lights, decorations, parks, city streets, store windows, craft fairs, the mall.

At home, take photos of fave decorations, your tree, decor, xmas jammies, fave xmas book/movie.
We are going g to see a new light show here this year - that’s one thing, right?

bcgal00

CHEERY O
We are going g to see a new light show here this year - that’s one thing, right?
Yes, there's one thing to photograph. It'll be challenging for me this year b/c in Vancouver there were a ton of holiday things to do and see but here in Kamloops there isn't a lot but I just take that as a challenge to hunt more for interesting things to photograph :)

Kythe

CHEERY O
Photos of nature in the snow or covered in frost. Set up your own still life sets.

LSlycord

I missed this thread and I too have the dilemma of no little kids. I do have two of the most photogenic great-nephews in the world and my niece does a good job of keeping me up to date with photos. I really need to ask her if she cares if I use them in layouts. That would sure spice up my layouts.

Today I made a layout with photos of my kids from 2007 and it really took me back in time. I remembered so many details from that day. The kids were so full of giggles. And I am doing more heritage photos than before. But I sure need to change up my photography as well.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Forgot to include...holiday food photos. I like to take food photos throughout the season. I get new mugs every season and always do selfies with them.

LSlycord

Here are some things that I took photos of today: Garland, ornament on tree, Christmas floaties in the pool. I'm going to add to this list as I go.