Oscraps

Have You Ever Drawn Your Own Art...

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
and wanted to use it in a digital layout? If so, how do you do it? I have drawn a lot of faces lately that I want to use in art journaling, but for some reason whenever I use them in another person's kit, it just looks weird to me.

Does anyone here do this? Can you show me any examples? I'm attaching a face I drew that I want to use...IMG_6774.JPG
Do you pick a kit first? A color scheme? A theme?

scrap-genie

Susie @pachimac I don't think I've done any in color like that but I can imagine matching colors to a kit or putting a frame around the drawing. I've done line drawings which can work various ways. Here's one: https://oscraps.com/community/media/accept-those-knees.359870/ I did using black lines on white with a darken blend mode. Some of my regular artwork gets in LOs but usually as a featured piece or once also blended into a background. Maybe look at some kits with faces in them to see how they get it to work?

Caro

CHEERY O
I used to draw, A LOT but since having my kids and then getting into digital scrapbooking I stopped. Here's one way I scrapped some of my old sketches a few years ago.
I generally scrap to fit the theme of the kit but if I were to scrap a specific pic like yours I definitely would start with matching the color palette and then probably pick out a crafting or artsy collection.127177719_3546604432072557_5302606208945160270_n.jpg

and here is another scrap page done with some pics I used a cartoon app on but something similar to the theme of the kit and style would be perfect for replacing the photos with any art pieces as well.
296699257_5359922857407363_4042147460318064605_n.jpg

pachimac

CHEERY O
I used to draw, A LOT but since having my kids and then getting into digital scrapbooking I stopped. Here's one way I scrapped some of my old sketches a few years ago.
I generally scrap to fit the theme of the kit but if I were to scrap a specific pic like yours I definitely would start with matching the color palette and then probably pick out a crafting or artsy collection.
View attachment 396254
What kit is this???? I LOVE IT!!!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I do not draw myself, but I have a lot of AJ pages with faces/art dolls in my gallery.
For me it always starts with an idea, what do I want to scrap/do with the art doll.
If the art dolls is part of a kit, I start there,
then I add text/word art etc.

Just to show you that it works!

be-brave.jpg

(brave heart collab)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
What a great thread. I'm bookmarking some of this. Susie @pachimac to answer your question, no I haven't ever tried to draw my own art to use in scrapbooking. I adore what you're doing and keep on doing it - you're only getting better and better!!!

pachimac

CHEERY O
I do not draw myself, but I have a lot of AJ pages with faces/art dolls in my gallery.
For me it always starts with an idea, what do I want to scrap/do with the art doll.
If the art dolls is part of a kit, I start there,
then I add text/word art etc.

Just to show you that it works!

View attachment 396269

(brave heart collab)
Oh my gosh - Diane - this is FABULOUS!!!!!! Thank you for showing me how I can use my girlie!!!!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Susie @pachimac I don't think I've done any in color like that but I can imagine matching colors to a kit or putting a frame around the drawing. I've done line drawings which can work various ways. Here's one: https://oscraps.com/community/media/accept-those-knees.359870/ I did using black lines on white with a darken blend mode. Some of my regular artwork gets in LOs but usually as a featured piece or once also blended into a background. Maybe look at some kits with faces in them to see how they get it to work?
Love that!!! I need to accept my knees too - they're creaking!! LOL

pachimac

CHEERY O
These are from other scrap stores I believe. They're quite old lol but I can definitely find some at oscraps I've used I can recommend :heartpumpred:
Oh darn - OK! I found Crafty Button Designs here and I love her kits!

pachimac

CHEERY O
What a great thread. I'm bookmarking some of this. Susie @pachimac to answer your question, no I haven't ever tried to draw my own art to use in scrapbooking. I adore what you're doing and keep on doing it - you're only getting better and better!!!
Thank you so much, my friend!!! I am really finding peace in my drawing, which you KNOW I need lately!

Amandajk

I enjoy doing this. I don't draw just faces, though they are my favorite. When using them with kits, I often recolor them or use blending modes to get to the point of harmonizing with the designer's work. I encourage you to go for it!
A few examples:

Attachments

• AJApril2.jpg
    AJApril2.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 2
  • AJMuseFeb2020_2.jpg
    AJMuseFeb2020_2.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DAY12_FiddlesticksNumber59-UrbanSketch.gif
    DAY12_FiddlesticksNumber59-UrbanSketch.gif
    263 KB · Views: 2
  • MOC_Day29templates.jpg