Oscraps

Happy Veterans Day

Aussiekat

Happy Veterans Day and thank you to all of you that are serving or have served, or those who have family members that are in the military. My Dad was in the Australian Air Force, and my hubby is retired US Army ... strong military ties in my family.

Aussiekat

Was going through some old photos of my Dad and found this one *sigh* c. 1945 'ish, I think.

dad_zpssdo90aoy.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Happy Veterns Day for you and Remembrance Day for us Canucks! So grateful for the service of our military men and women! Strong military ties in my family also. My son and daughter-in-law both serve in the Canadian Air Force. My father was in the Navy WW2 and my Grandfather in the Army WW1. Hubby's great grandfather fought in WW1 on the front line. We must never forget what they all sacrificed for us!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussiekat

This is so hard for you! :kiss: Happy Veterans Day!

Rita, this would have been my Dad's birthday, too - 11/11. He had a good life, so I can't complain - kept his sense of humor to the very end (the big "C" sucks!)

LOL I can't seem to escape the military ... even my last employer was a government contractor that was almost exclusively US Navy contracts! Maybe I have a thing for guys in uniform ;)

ritacica

I lOve the awesOme O!
My youngest son's birthday is today. :party:

Rita, this would have been my Dad's birthday, too - 11/11. He had a good life, so I can't complain - kept his sense of humor to the very end (the big "C" sucks!)

LOL I can't seem to escape the military ... even my last employer was a government contractor that was almost exclusively US Navy contracts! Maybe I have a thing for guys in uniform ;)