Oscraps

Good Activities for Forced Down Time

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I'm going to be down for a couple of weeks and have used up most of my leisure activities. I sew, but have no power in the only place I can use my machines just now, so that's not an option. I have a Kindle reader so are their any series of books, especially on Kindle Unlimited that would be worth checking out? I'm re-reading the Sword of Truth series for the umptyumpth time, and Outlander, too. We have plenty of streaming services so what about any new series there - or old one for that matter other than Harry Potter, LOTR, Jurasic Park, Criminal Minds and the NCIS franchises (we're already watching all those and Supernatural, too).

Is there anything new out there?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Do you like audio books? That's my go-to when I don't feel like physically doing anything. I subscribe to "SCRIBD" and they have anything you could ever want. I love listening to positive enforcement type of books. There's a whole series from Julia Cameron - about how to enrich our lives. Her series "The Artist's Way" is wonderful and it brings me such peace.

I'm listening to "The Sounds of Creativity" by her right now.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Do you like audio books? That's my go-to when I don't feel like physically doing anything. I subscribe to "SCRIBD" and they have anything you could ever want. I love listening to positive enforcement type of books. There's a whole series from Julia Cameron - about how to enrich our lives. Her series "The Artist's Way" is wonderful and it brings me such peace.

I'm listening to "The Sounds of Creativity" by her right now.
I haven't ever really tried them before. My son loves them. I'll have to ask him to share.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Do you crochet or knit? If you have yarn and needles/hooks there are plenty of how-to videos out there. After my surgery in 2014, I taught myself to crochet which came in handy after my surgery in 2015 ;)

We started the series Kaleidoscope on Netflix which you might enjoy.

What about adult coloring books? They make me want to stab myself in the eye with the pencil but I hear they can be very relaxing. There are tons of free printable online.
Online games: GAMES

LSlycord

Peter O’Mahoney has a series of 3 books starting with The Southern Lawyer. I have enjoyed those.

And recently found Charles Martin and I love him. I’ve only read two of his books so far but they are good!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Do you crochet or knit? If you have yarn and needles/hooks there are plenty of how-to videos out there. After my surgery in 2014, I taught myself to crochet which came in handy after my surgery in 2015 ;)

We started the series Kaleidoscope on Netflix which you might enjoy.

What about adult coloring books? They make me want to stab myself in the eye with the pencil but I hear they can be very relaxing. There are tons of free printable online.
Online games: GAMES
I forgot I had coloring books and loads of pencils. My yarn hooks and needles are all in storage. My Aunt Pat taught me to knit in the evenings while we were on a 2 week trip to London. I made almost a complete sweater. I was working on the binding in the airport going home and a woman offered me $400 for it on the spot. Should a accepted that but I loved the sweater. Thanks for the reminder on the coloring books!