Oscraps

Gift ideas for a group of people?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My family has a large cluster of birthdays and anniversaries in May and June. Throw in Mother and Father's days and it gets out of control. I usually try to make something small for everyone or it would be way too expensive to get something for everyone. I've crocheted things, made scrap pages, food gifts, and made soaps. Stuff like that. I feel like I am out of ideas and mostly out of time since this year's bash is May 19.
Can any of you think of something that I could make easily and inexpensively for my family?
I have:
8 birthdays, ranging from 2 to 58
3 anniversaries (my parents' 60th!)
Mother's day and Father's day

(did I mention that I am also hosting my DDs bridal shower at the end of June? )

My only consolation is that I usually do this again in Sept for the other cluster of birthdays in Sept/Oct. This year I am not doing it since DD is getting married in Sept and I think I'll be spent... :thud:

Anything you can suggest is helpful-- even if it's a cute saying I can stick on a bag of cookies. Right now, I can't think - at all!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
My family has a large cluster of birthdays and anniversaries in May and June. Throw in Mother and Father's days and it gets out of control. I usually try to make something small for everyone or it would be way too expensive to get something for everyone. I've crocheted things, made scrap pages, food gifts, and made soaps. Stuff like that. I feel like I am out of ideas and mostly out of time since this year's bash is May 19.
Can any of you think of something that I could make easily and inexpensively for my family?
I have:
8 birthdays, ranging from 2 to 58
3 anniversaries (my parents' 60th!)
Mother's day and Father's day

(did I mention that I am also hosting my DDs bridal shower at the end of June? )

My only consolation is that I usually do this again in Sept for the other cluster of birthdays in Sept/Oct. This year I am not doing it since DD is getting married in Sept and I think I'll be spent... :thud:

Anything you can suggest is helpful-- even if it's a cute saying I can stick on a bag of cookies. Right now, I can't think - at all!
How about a special blend of spices?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That's *such* a great idea but that's what I did for Christmas. :giggle4:
The easiest is going to be for the 2 yo. He's going to get books. You can never have to many books :D
Everyone else? Not. A. Clue.

mimes1

CHEERY O
For your parents anniversary would you have time to make a small scrapbook album for them? Maybe a page each highlighting important milestones in their marriage?

mimes1

CHEERY O
Expanding on Tracy’s idea a little bit you could layer cookie ingredients in a mason jar, and scrap up the baking directions on a little card. Then get a pretty bow and incorporate a wooden spoon or spatula into the bow.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
What about an ATC card in a bag of candy? The ATC could be a fancy script of their name. I have no idea either LOL

Sugar cookie mix!!!! Who doesn't love sugar cookies? You could give each one with a different bottle sprinkles for decorating. Or snickerdoodle cookie mix.
Oooh, I like both of these-- An ATC with Hershey Kisses might be a good idea!
I've always liked the cookie mix in a jar or soup in a jar but I don't trust myself making the layers look pretty.
Is it hard to do that?

AK_Tracy

I've always liked the cookie mix in a jar or soup in a jar but I don't trust myself making the layers look pretty.
Is it hard to do that?
I have no idea. But it won't hurt to try. I would imagine using a spoon to put ingredients into the jar would help keep layer level.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Is it hard to do that?
I haven't done these in years, but making sure to not jostle the jars around so that the layers don't shift helps. Especially if you don't pack the ingredients in to the very top. If everything is crammed in there, the layers tend to stay put.

LauraD

Scrapbooking reminds us that life is beautiful.
CHEERY O
How about you do a gift certificate for each person for time with you. For example: good for 1 walk at the beach together, or 1 home made meal at your place. Give them the gift of time :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
How about you do a gift certificate for each person for time with you. For example: good for 1 walk at the beach together, or 1 home made meal at your place. Give them the gift of time :)
NO ONE would want that!!
:floorlaugh:

(Seriously, it's a sweet idea but everyone's schedules are utter muck which is why I am having a party celebrating every last thing in the next 2 months on one day ♥)

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
It all depends on what you consider inexpensive.. or not too time-consuming. How about a treasure hunt if you are the host? Especially for those older folks who so rarely get to play these days. The final prize can be something simple - chocolate/other food that makes them happy, but the game itself is fun - a couple of puzzles like -go to the coldest place in the house/the next clue is under the XYZ you gave me last year etc... both your parents can participate, but each separately... you just need to make sure you don't get the clues mixed up...

I would imagine a framed photo of their younger self is always a nice gift to those turning 58?