Oscraps

Getting to Know You: What's on the Radio?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
14.jpg

I primarily listen to an alternative rock or a local hard rock station. I prefer the hard rock but because I live in the mountains, the reception isn't always the best. If I am going on a trip longer than around town, I will connect my iPod for some music or podcasts. Sometimes I will attempt audiobooks but it is hard to deal with traffic while concentrating on a story.

We have three cars but four adults so occasionally we end up borrowing each other's cars. It is safe for me to use Caitlyn's (DD) car because she listens to the Alt Sation too. However... *gulps* When I have to drive Scott's (DS) car, well, let's just say his music tastes are *very* eclectic. Some classic rock, some alternative, some metal. I can happily listen to any of them. But when I get into the car and hear strange electronic beeps and buzzes, I feel ancient while I wish for earplugs. *shakes fist as sky* You call that MUSIC? It's just a bunch of noise!

What do you listen to? Do you and your family/friends have the rule of whoever drives controls the radio?
Do you listen to similar music as the others you drive with?​

tjscraps

Lately I've been listening to audio books - I have a 30 minute highway commute each way, so that's an hour a day I can 'read' by listening. If the radio is on it's Pop/Top 40 station that plays 'oldies' (90's, 2000's) too.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
We have 2 CDs that we alter between. One with Beatles' all songs & one with our favorites of Rammstein.

As I don't have a licence, I'm never alone in the car, but on my radio in the kitchen, that I use when I cook dinner, I've set it to a station that mixes new & old hit songs.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Depends on what mood I'm in. It would be Country, probably. I have Contemporary Christian Music set on a tab, Motown/R&B on another and I pop in an Andrea Bocelli CD and occasionally I'm in the Pavarotti mood! I have a wide musical range. LOL

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I don't use the radio anymore, only in december when there is The Top 2000 on a public broadcast (Radio 2) an institution in the Netherlands. People vote numbers.
I don't have a car and I use my phone (Spotify) and my headphones if I walk.

I

Caro

CHEERY O
I have been listening to a station that plays all reggaeton for months. We also listen to alternative or hip hop/r&b in the car. My daughter likes to change the stations A LOT though which annoys me :rolleyes::p

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I don't listen to the radio, ever!! lol! I listen to my ol' MP3/usb in the car and it's mainly Pink Floyd but at the moment I have a fix on Shakespeares Sisters................. during the day on the pc I listen to a range of music from classic rock through to Enya but I don't like jazz and only some country, like the Highway Men. :)

Danesa

Danesa
I rarely turn my radio on. My iTunes play continually, on shuffle through all my playlists (ranging from classical to rap) ... unless I'm traveling and then I have an audio book ... mostly David Baldacci. I have to always use cruise control or I speed when the suspense gets intense. haha

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I have been listening to a station that plays all reggaeton for months. We also listen to alternative or hip hop/r&b in the car. My daughter likes to change the stations A LOT though which annoys me :rolleyes::p
That's my dh. He loves to change the station. Drives me nuts.

If I am listening to the radio, it's gonna be SiriusXM. I kind of like an eclectic mix of stations. 80s on 8, First Wave (classic alternative like Depeche Mode, Erasure, The Smiths, etc), PopRocks, Road Trip Radio, Prime Country (80s and 90s country) and POTUS (politics of the United States) are my usual choices.

When David and I want to agree, we go with either 80s on 8 or First Wave. He loves the Radio Classics (old time radio shows) but I only like it for a show or two. Then I am ready to move on.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Urban hates the radio so I only listen when he's not at home. He wants to control the music he's listening too, the radio is too mixed, and he really doesn't like much of the hit music type. While I like to get a bit of a mix of music.

On the other hand - his Aspergers can make him obsess over one group or classical composer for MONTHS. It's ok, when he's obsessing over something that's good, like now with Beatles. :) But he like some really weird music, and sometimes I feel like I should move LOL

felis

I'm a british rock babe! Mostly modern bands, but the evergreens too.

Definitely not who drive chose the music, as my dad have awful music taste, as most men here he likes local music, which is not well accepted from ladies that pretend to be more classy, like us. ;)

Scott's (DS) car, well, let's just say his music tastes are *very* eclectic. Some classic rock, some alternative, some metal.

Hmmm, why I was left with the idea that he is more into the hip hop and r&b ?!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I'm a british rock babe! Mostly modern bands, but the evergreens too.

Definitely not who drive chose the music, as my dad have awful music taste, as most men here he likes local music, which is not well accepted from ladies that pretend to be more classy, like us. ;)

Hmmm, why I was left with the idea that he is more into the hip hop and r&b ?!
I feel like hip hop is one genre he doesn't listen to at all. R&B he will, but mostly for the guitars.
I asked him what he was listening to just now and he said "an alien and a robot having a conversation" - and he was right, this is exactly how it sounded!

zanthia

CHEERY O
alt-rock station and clasic orck .like when sirius has free weekedns - do 80 at 8, 70 at 7 ,etc.

felis

I feel like hip hop is one genre he doesn't listen to at all. R&B he will, but mostly for the guitars.
I asked him what he was listening to just now and he said "an alien and a robot having a conversation" - and he was right, this is exactly how it sounded!
Hmm, I could swear that at one moment his Instagram name was something about fangirling Snoop Dogg, maybe I'm wrong or maybe he is been sarcastic (it's looks like this is a cool behave in your culture :rolleyes:), as I'm telling you before I follow only Leah and I'm left with wrong impression from her posts.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Scott and Snoop Dogg- hmm. I don't think he likes Snoop that much, he has a Snoop Dogg pillow that Leah got him. But it isn't Snoop music-related. I can't describe the pillow...
Here is a pic:
snoop_dog_pillow_1.jpg

Maybe that is the connection? he was probably being sarcastic. He is that way a lot. :)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
If I am in the car with Mark (DH) we do not usually listen to anything. If we listen, we have to turn it up so loud for him to hear it (hearing problems) that I can't stand it! So I would rather not listen to it. If I am alone, I listen to a Christian station. Or I listen to audiobooks or podcasts.