Oscraps

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (Challenges) - 2021 - 2023

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
If you have a general question about the challenges here at the O then please ask in this thread. We will keep updating this first post with you questions along with answers so they are all in spot. :)

Q: May I use supplies I purchased years ago from Oscraps' designers? For example, I have a lot of Anna Aspnes' materials but have no idea whether I bought them from Oscraps or acquired them elsewhere.
A: Your layout needs to contain 80% of Oscraps products that are current in the store, the remaining 20% can be comprised of retired Oscraps products and/or products from a non-Oscraps designer (in which case please name the designer but do not link to outside stores). A template equates to being 15% of a layout. For non-challenge layouts please refer to our Gallery Guidelines.

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@Aster Hi there, you asked this question in early January, our apologies for not answering you sooner. The original thread it was in has been moved to the archives so I have copied and pasted your questions here:

"May I use supplies I purchased years ago from Oscraps' designers? For example, I have a lot of Anna Aspnes' materials but have no idea whether I bought them from Oscraps or acquired them elsewhere." Have supplied the answer which is shown in the first post. :)

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
How many entries can to put into each Challenge please? I've looked all over for this information but couldn't find it :)
Apologies for not seeing your question earlier! It's been a busy month around here! :) To answer your question, you may enter as many entries as you like but you will still only claim the points for one challenge as you would normally. :)

Apologies for not seeing your question earlier! It's been a busy month around here! :) To answer your question, you may enter as many entries as you like but you will still only claim the points for one challenge as you would normally. :)
Thank you. As it happens I haven't had much time available to do more than a couple anyway! :) :) Maybe April may bring more :)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@wombat146
Hi Ona,
I have someone asking me how you determine the O'Scraps products used in a layout amounts to the 80% required for the challenges. Is this information available somewhere in the forum that I can point her to?
Thanks!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@wombat146
Hi Ona,
I have someone asking me how you determine the O'Scraps products used in a layout amounts to the 80% required for the challenges. Is this information available somewhere in the forum that I can point her to?
Thanks!
Vicky there is no hard and fast rule and members do not need to be exact :) ....... rule of thumb, as long as the majority of products used on the layout are from our Oscraps designers then its all good. :) (Also read the first post above. :))

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Vicky there is no hard and fast rule and members do not need to be exact :) ....... rule of thumb, as long as the majority of products used on the layout are from our Oscraps designers then its all good. :) (Also read the first post above. :))
Thanks, Ona!

ouisiekelly

How do I link my page to the challenge tracking? I'm copying the link in the page, but it creates another line. Looks messy

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
How do I link my page to the challenge tracking? I'm copying the link in the page, but it creates another line. Looks messy
Luisa, click on your layout in the gallery to open it, and then go right to the top of your browser and copy the URL address, then go back to your tracking post, edit, and paste that link next to the challenge. I did a screen shot of your layout for Challenge 3 to show you below:
1637293020850.png

I went ahead and replaced your Challenge 3 link plus fixed up your other ones too. :) There is also one layout you have used in two challenges (Challenge 5 and 6), as per the challenge rules you need to have a different layout for each challenge. :) But please let me know if there is something you don't understand Luisa, always a lot of things to remember when you have been away for a little while. xxx

Vicky, thanks for jumping in to help. The link you provided is about posting a linked layout, for the challenge tracking thread, our participants only need to provide the link to their layout in the gallery and not an actual picture of the layout. :)

Last edited:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Luisa, click on your layout in the gallery to open it, and then go right to the top of your browser and copy the URL address, then go back to your tracking post, edit, and paste that link next to the challenge. I did a screen shot of your layout for Challenge 3 to show you below:
View attachment 361434

I went ahead and replaced your Challenge 3 link plus fixed up your other ones too. :) There is also one layout you have used in two challenges (Challenge 5 and 6), as per the challenge rules you need to have a different layout for each challenge. :) But please let me know if there is something you don't understand Luisa, always a lot of things to remember when you have been away for a little while. xxx

Vicky, thanks for jumping in to help. The link you provided is about posting a linked layout, for the challenge tracking thread, our participants only need to provide the link to their layout in the gallery and not an actual picture of the layout. :)
Sorry about that! (smacking myself........)

ouisiekelly

Hi y'all :oops:
I was trying to post a Standing O, but when I go to do it there is already something under my name by faerywings- so I can't post anything. Is this something wrong? Why is the faerywings stuff under my avatar? Confused!
Luisa

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hi y'all :oops:
I was trying to post a Standing O, but when I go to do it there is already something under my name by faerywings- so I can't post anything. Is this something wrong? Why is the faerywings stuff under my avatar? Confused!
Luisa
Luisa, I went to the November Standing O's and couldn't find a post by you or anything under your avatar there. Could you go to the post that you saw and click on the post number in the upper right corner - right click on it copy link address.. come back and post it here. We will try to help you find out what the problem is.

BTW A member can add multiple Standing O posts during the month - so that should not keep you from posting there.

mom2triplets04

How do you link a page from another persons gallery? I figured out how to link my page to make the image appear in the comments but can't figure out how to link the page I copied in the copy challenge?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
How do you link a page from another persons gallery? I figured out how to link my page to make the image appear in the comments but can't figure out how to link the page I copied in the copy challenge?

Go to the person's layout; scroll down the page until you see, on the right-hand side, a list of choices for copying the image. Click the icon of the last one - Copy GALLERY BB code - and paste that into the forum post.

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
Would you pls repost the rules that were on the old site here? (I used the Internet Archive to track them down). Or if they are on the new site, pls make them easier to find. Thanks.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Would you pls repost the rules that were on the old site here? (I used the Internet Archive to track them down). Or if they are on the new site, pls make them easier to find. Thanks.

The explanation on how the challenges work are included in the tracking threads each month. The old threads you posted no longer apply. :)

sabinaraye

I have a question for the Challenges. When do you usually send out the 'rewards' for completed challenges from the month before? Thanks!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have a question for the Challenges. When do you usually send out the 'rewards' for completed challenges from the month before? Thanks!
Hi Sabina, apologies for answering your question so late, I have only just seen it. :) It helps to use a tag for one of the Cheery O's so that we are alerted that there is something we need to take of. :) Simply type the @ symbol, followed by the first three letters of the username, all usernames that match those first 3 letters will be shown so you can then just click on the one you want. :) Okay, to answer your question, Trudy (aka taxed4ever) looks after the coupon sending and she normally does that in the first few day of the next month. I will tag Trudy so that she is alerted and can pop in here to correct me if I am wrong. :) @taxed4ever

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
@sabinaraye - Yes @wombat146 is totally right, I usually send out the coupons in the first few days of the next month. If there are any problems with the coupons or if I have missed including anyone in the prize then you can easily contact me by sending me a private message. Just use the little envelope icon at the top right of the screen and type in the first three letters of my username, I am more than happy to help out!

sabinaraye

I have another question about the Challenges and coupons. @taxed4ever - I've looked everywhere but I can't find the actual rules for how to acquire the coupons from the Challenges.
- Do I need to submit a certain number of layouts to the challenges or can I submit only to 1, 2, or etc challenges to get a coupon? Or is it to all 7 challenges will I then be eligible to get a coupon?
- Are there more than 1 coupon per month as reward for submitting LOs? Or is it one coupon per challenge?
Please help me - I'm totally confused. And ... THANK YOU!!!
:)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
@sabinaraye - As long as you are keeping track and linking your layouts in the Challenge Tracking Thread and you complete at least 3 out of the 7 challenges then you will receive a 10% coupon, if you complete 6-7 challenges then you will receive a 25% coupon thats all you have to do. I will send out the coupons and send them by private message right to your inbox.