Oscraps

Focus on the Past, then Focus on the Future!!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
From the blog today:

We have had quite a few new people join us, and it's been a few months for some. I have a challenge for you: Go back to your first AJ page, and compare it to your most recent AJ page. Ask yourself: Have you grown? Do you like the journey so far? Then take a look at the AJ Gallery at Oscraps - what techniques or members might you want to scraplift and learn how to do?

Here's my first and most recent page:

First one at Oscraps when I started the AJ Challenges. I had done some at another site, but this was the first AJ Challenge we started in Feb of 2023:

Palvinka Designs | Always Laugh
Palvinka Designs | When Winter Comes
Palvinka Designs | Beautiful Autumn
Palvinka Designs | Quiet Moments
Palvinka Designs | Book of Memories
Palvinka Designs | The Smell of the Forest

Xuxper Designs | Colorful Delicacies

This is my most recent page.

ArtJournalChallengeSeptWk1.jpg

Lynn Anzelc | A Scrap of Autumn
Lynn Anzelc | Life Line Grief
NLD | Time Captured
Rachel Jefferies | Little Things Misc Mixed Media Bits
Anna Aspnes | Artsy Cameras 3
Anna Aspnes | Snapshot 1
Carol Wright Designs | Healing Power
Mixed Media by Erin | Okeeffe
Mediterranka Designs | Take Me Home
Vicki Robinson | Scrap Now 09 Template

I have gotten a lot better at blending, and I'm not afraid to use scribly or dark artsy things. I also have made pages that didn't have personal pictures. I always felt like scrapping was for memories, and so I always tried to AJ with personal pictures. Now I'm enjoying using sketchy and drawn people.

My goals? To learn how to do more photo treatments.

AK_Tracy

I haven't been here that long, just five months, so my journals aren't that different. Lets see.......

View media item 392305
and the most recent........

Well, my first was chunky. It was probably my only second ever AJ page, maybe third. I would say my style has changed, but if you look at all the AJ I can still scrap chunky. However I have learned to blend more and better. My goal is to make it more art and less "throw up" of words and chunky feel.

I went back and looked and I found I missed my first ever AJ. here is the. first one ever here........
Still chunky and not blended well.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Thank you for playing along!!! I can definitely see growth in your pages - and in your enthusiasm to do them as well!!!! I think next week I will do a blog post on blending and share my technique. I'm sure others do it differently, but this is the way I found to do it and enjoy the results!

I haven't been here that long, just five months, so my journals aren't that different. Lets see.......

View media item 392305
and the most recent........

Well, my first was chunky. It was probably my only second ever AJ page, maybe third. I would say my style has changed, but if you look at all the AJ I can still scrap chunky. However I have learned to blend more and better. My goal is to make it more art and less "throw up" of words and chunky feel.

I went back and looked and I found I missed my first ever AJ. here is the. first one ever here........
Still chunky and not blended well.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have to do some digging
This is the earliest I have in the AJ forum and it is from 2023

I know I have been AJ-ing much longer than that so give me a bit to see what I can find. in my regular gallery

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I hope this works-- I have 89 pages in my gallery so I skipped towards the middle- page 50. Then I worked back a page at a time until I saw that my pages were mostly more traditional, some artsy but not really AJ.
I picked this one
I used the lyrics of a song to describe what it felt like living with Lyme disease. Similar to a lot of the AJ Los I did back then, I used a lot of lyrics, brushes, and different fonts to express myself.

This is one I posed today for the Monthly AJ challenge -
It's definitely more upbeat, that is for sure! I still use a lot of blending but I haven't used song lyrics in a long time.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I did a lot of art journaling at another forum... especially just after my hubby died in Jan 2018. The first semi-art journaling LO I could find here at OS was in July 2022 - although it was not in the Art Journaling gallery.

My latest AJ LO is this one

Some months, the AJ theme and LOs are very personal... and others a collection catches my eye and make me want to play.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Here is an early AJ I did at SG. It's dated Dec 2013. I've always really liked the AJ style, I've just never developed a confidence in it.
ABR_JO_SSClub_LO_AFL_300.jpg

Here is the first one I did here at Oscraps:

I think my overall style has become more artsy since I've been here at the O.

scrap-genie

Here's one from 2013, maybe a first attempt. Diane @Madi sometimes did a monthly challenge for AJ but this doesn't seem to have been for one.

My latest:

Actually there seems to be some similarity. :giggle4:

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
This is my first lay out I classified as Art Journaling (and the first page in that gallery)

The last one: More blending and freer but still use of self made elements