Oscraps

Fitness math...

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I have recently discovered the quantifiable side of fitness - maximum heart rate, target heart rate and what is officially considered high intesity workout... And - for whatever reason, lol - it all starts with the number 220.

220 minus your age = your maximum heart rate.
70-90% of that number is your high-intensity.
So, if you are 50, your max heart rate is 170, and 119-153 beats per minute would be your high-intensity workout.

If you have a smartwatch, monitoring your heart rate is easy, and keeping in one's target zone is key for heart health.

Ever since I discovered this, my walks with the dog have become much more interesting and I keep checking my watch.... ha ha...
Do you monitor your heart rate?

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I learned that when I worked at Jenny Craig. It’s a great way to know if you’re working hard enough or too hard!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I knew that a while ago but I don't think I ever paid attention to it. Next time I take the dogs out, I will have to keep an on it. Although, simply standing in one spot with the dogs can get my heart rate up just trying to keep them from pulling :runningdog: LOL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I have a smart watch, so it's easy to monitor my heart rate plus all of my other activity. I even get reminders to stand if I've been sitting too long.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm aware of the theory for the most part but don't really pay attention. If I had a smart watch or a fitbit, I would, but I don't, so I don't. ;)

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I knew that a while ago but I don't think I ever paid attention to it. Next time I take the dogs out, I will have to keep an on it. Although, simply standing in one spot with the dogs can get my heart rate up just trying to keep them from pulling :runningdog: LOL

ha ha... you should see my dog when he spots a cat... I'm lucky to have my both arms still attached to my body.