Oscraps

File Exceeds Limit??? No it doesn't!

SharLamb

Sharron
Every once in awhile, I try to upload a layout in EXACTLY the same way as I always do. I even have an action that reduces my LO's to fit the gallery rules (max = 500 x 500 pixels). I go to Image>Image Size and see that it is indeed within the limits, but just to make sure, keep making it smaller and smaller. I put it down to 300 x 232 pixels for one today, and it still exceeds the file limit! (Yes, I'm at 72 for resolution.

Do I need to reboot or something?

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Make sure it is also under 250 kb,
I resize for web at 600x600, under 250 kb and it is usually good to go,

Sexy__Eyes

I have he same problem with some of my "busy" pages. I reached out to Heather T and she suggested this. "Next time try using the "save for web" thing... alt+ctrl+shift+s and then you can adjust the quality to get it down. But flatten and resize it first. "

It's worked for me.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
:Well that is strange, other than the rsize for web I don't think I have any other tips or tricks. But who knows, someone else might have the right solution for you.

I do remember when I get this message every once in a while, I am trying to upload my full size version! :redface:

Tamsin

In PSE 13 I 'save to web'. It always comes up 1600x1600 and I delete the 1 so it's 600x600 because I do 12x12 but as long as the longest side is 600 in that dialogue you can't go wrong. And save from there. Never had a problem saving that way to the Oscraps gallery. I don't check anything else.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I always use save for web ... 600 x 600 px - medium quality

never problems ... except when I choose by mistaken the psd file to upload ...:eyebrows:

SharLamb

Sharron
Thanks for all the input, ladies. The way I solved it this time was to do the CTRL+Alt+Shift+e, thing, and move the grouped layer to a new document. Then I did my usual (personal action) which makes it the correct size. It worked fine. And, yes, I have made the mistake of trying to upload the PSD file a few times, but that was not the problem yesterday.

Okay. I came down with a doozy of a cold yesterday, so I'm heading back to bed.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Shar, every once in a while that happens to me, and I never know what I did that was different. Glad that you figured it out. Feel better- virtual chicken soup for you~~~

4PeasInMyPod

It happened to me quite a few times. I'd save for web at 600 x 600 at 72, and it would be way under and still not post. Some of my pages don't display well because I've had to reduce them too much. I DID notice it seems to be my busier pages that are affected.