Oscraps

enable me...

LaughingSun

what should I do with my shiny new gift cert for the O? I always have all kinds of photos to scrap so no particular theme in mind... what do you gals thinkie??

thanks!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
well, if you can't decide- you could always give it to me! All kidding aside, I would think about basics if you don't have a stash - do you like alpha's or elements, bold papers or subtle backgrounds? When I have the cash- I look at different designers galleries to see if their style is my style, I also go through my favs to see which kits keep coming up in the saved layouts - hope this helps!

Bush Girl

I don't know how much your GC is for, but when I get lucky with GCs I tend to buy big ticket items that I might shy away from otherwise as too expensive to splash out on.

My single, most used, still loved, go to item is this:

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=21494&cat=341&page=1

vsd%2Btmd-all_occasions-PRV800.jpg

I have used this template pack again and again and again. And I'm in the middle of a page using this item right now.

Another big ticket mega useful item is this:

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=23195&cat=329&page=1

_paislee-snapshots2-LTPROprv.jpg

Again, really useful, classic templates that can be adapted to all sorts of LOs.

I bought both these items when they were on special and although they are both higher cost than most kits, I have found them to be so, so, SO useful.

HTH

hondachicc

I think Selena needs a GC!!! She is a great AD person!!!

Well Andrea...Selena makes fab pages, so I know this is good advice!!

Do you have anything in your WISH LIST? if you do see what you have and decide what you like the most. This is just another suggestion.

Everyone has different ways of deciding....I always look to see what I know I will use at least TWICE...

Cat

O' whip cracker whip
What about a collab, you get loads in there, check the Oscraps collabs They are always up to date with design tastes AND, you get to sample every designer at Oscraps ;) Not to mention every collab is packed to the rafters with elements and alphas as well as a gazillion papers every item is so versatile to use with other kits :)

LaughingSun

fantastic suggestions ladies! I'm going to take my time to decide this one... but ya... I like the templates idea... while I often come up with my own LOs... it's nice to have a starting point too :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
When I have GC I always do 1 of 2 things. i either go through and look for sales, because then I get more for my dollar or i spend it on templates. I have spent more money on supplies I never use and I am always using templates. So, I buy those when I GCs, especially when they are to other stores. Also, if there is a kit or something you have been eyeing up and just haven't been able to get yourself to buy...then this is always the time to go get it. I would also keep in mind that NSD is coming up and there will be sales galore and that GC will go a lot farther that weekend and it isn't too far off, if you can wait that long without it burning a hole in your pocket. I think it will be May 1ish??

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
yep...iNSD is May 1st...it's gonna be really fun and cool with lots of savings!! yipeeee!!