Oscraps

Earthquake!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I was sitting in my doctor's office, getting unclipped from the EKG machine. All of of sudden, the room started shaking like mad! I texted my husband to see if he felt it at home and he had. I looked on FB and of course, every other status was asking if it was an actual earthquake.
4.8 magnitude-- kind of crazy for New Jersey, which in all of the news reports is being called "West of NYC."
PS: We have a name dammit! We are a real state, we don't only play one on TV! :floorlaugh:

Did anyone else on he East Coast or Tri-state area feel it too?
(Stop laughing Californians, we all know that 4.8 is nothing :p )

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
wow! that would have been scary Chris!!! just as well you had finished your EKG reading, imagine how high it would have been if the quake had struck while you were hooked up! :eek: hope everyone is okay! xxxx

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
That would be scary for sure! I know there are fault lines that run through Tennessee that have caused Earthquakes but I haven't felt them. I know that the ones they have had in Tennessee were not as strong as the one you had today. I'm glad they were already done with the EKG when it hit! I'm sure your heart would have been racing!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I'm afraid I'll never feel it :oops:
In 92 there was an earthquake in the Netherlands, and we felt it up to here. And that was in the middle of the night, but I sleep very soundly and then suddenly my husband shouts, GET OUT, GET OUT !!!! :eek3: I wake up, still half asleep, and before I realize it, my husband flies out of bed and stands down on the street. I also get out of bed half asleep, my parents (who live next to us, are also on the street) I just don't know what happened.
My husband said, the whole house shook, he thought it was going to collapse. I even fainted afterwards because I was so shocked by my husband's reaction.
When we listened to the news in the morning, it turned out to be an earthquake with a magnitude of 5.8, something that happens very rarely here. And that proves that I am a very sound sleeper

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I just heard about it at lunch, Chris. Roger told us - how odd to have it there. Yes, you have a name, doggone it. Chuck always said that if it didn't happen in NYC or LA, it didn't matter. He used to complain about that, too. Glad everybody is ok. You know we had one here a couple of months ago.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@wombat146
@EvelynD2
Right?? That was exactly what I was thinking LOL! My BP went up quite a bit afterward. The nurse took it before the earthquake and it was 110/80. The doctor took it afterward and it was 140/90.

@veer Oh my, that must have been terrifying, especially with your DH waking you out of a sound sleep like that :D

@Cherylndesigns Chuck was right. NJ seems to be only good for jokes-- "What exit are you from?" :giggle4:

There were aftershocks around dinnertime last night. We were watching TV and didn't feel them but several of Caitlyn's friends did. Her phone was blowing up and then our FB feeds were filled with the "Did you feel that?" posts. I learned that there is a fault line that runs through NJ - right underneath the college that Caitlyn works at no less. NJ's OEM is warning there can be aftershocks up to a month from now. Such a weird experience!