Oscraps

do you wear make up ?

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Do you wear a lot of make up?
I'm not allowed to wear makeup at work, so I rarely or never use makeup during the week. Even during the weekend I rarely use it. Only when we go to a party or something. Yesterday I came back from the baby shower for Jolien, so I had made up, and I came to the residential care center to visit my father, and a nurse said, you look so good with make-up.
But when I was younger I didn't dare (actually it didn't have much to do with daring) or I just wouldn't go out without make up. I always find cleaning my face afterwards to be an annoying hassle, which is also one of the reasons that I don't like doing it that much.
What about your daily makeup routine?

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Up until a little over a year ago, I wore makeup pretty much every single day, even if I wasn't going anywhere. I have a TON of eye shadow palettes and quite a lot of everything else that goes on the face. Eye shadow is my favorite of all...I would do colorful looks and neutral, whatever mood I was in. I still love makeup, but I haven't been wearing it as much. I just don't feel like going through the hassle of putting it on everyday anymore. I do PREFER the way I look with makeup on, and enjoy seeing that in the mirror instead of no makeup, and I do put makeup on if I am going to leave the house. I still watch makeup tutorials and such on YouTube, but not as often as I did, because I know I am in no position to be able to afford buying new makeup when I already have so much from the last several years :hiding1: I actually started thinking, about a month ago, that I really should get back into wearing it more often so I can actually USE everything that I have purchased! Colour Pop was my favorite for eye shadow...such a good price and better quality than the typical drug store stuff. They are now actually in some stores now, instead of being only on their website! I haven't purchased anything new from them in quite a while, but I am assuming they have kept their forumla the same since it was so good.

K, I need to stop rambling on...lol Sorry, this has been something that I have felt really weird not doing every day after doing it daily for a good 17 or 18 years straight! I think it is mainly because of the last two to three years being extra stressful and I finally got to the point where I am just not caring as much. I am slowly crawling out of it :crying1::rolleyes::heartpumpred:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I do feel better with make up on, but like you the hassle of putting it on and remove it every evening....I also love eyeshadow, and also have lots of pallets :giggle4:

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I do feel better with make up on, but like you the hassle of putting it on and remove it every evening....I also love eyeshadow, and also have lots of pallets :giggle4:
Eye shadow is the most creative part of the makeup!!! :cloud9: Taking it off hasn't been that annoying since I started using the melting face balm makeup remover. The Bye Bye Makeup one from It Cosmetics is my favorite, but SO expensive, so I found one for around $13 or $16 at Walmart and it is working just as well! I use one of those super soft makeup remover wash cloths...they are wonderful, too!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I wear a tinted moisturizer with a little glow in it. I usually put it on every day and if I want to "glam it up" I wear blush and eye shadow. Throw a little bright lipstick on and I have a "5-minute face".

scrap-genie

NEVER!!!
A long time ago I wore lipstick and maybe eyeshadow. After I had Bell's palsy the sides of my face were different and lipstick accentuated that, so I quit wearing any. That was in 1983. I have never understood face makeup other than when I was on stage in community theater. This is not unusual in my world but here I think I may be an outlier.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I don't wear much makeup at all. Never have, really. I used to wear mascara but any more it makes my eyes itchy. So if I wear anything when I go out, it is a little blush and lipstick.

janedee

These days, I only wear lipstick and/or blush when I go out. I have fairly sensitive skin so I've always used hypo-allergenic products. I used to like wearing eyeshadow and mascara too but last time I wore it, I developed a terrible itchy rash around my eyes so I haven't worn any since.

~Karen~

Designer
Yes for me! I have a red blotchy face and dark circles, so if I go out I always wear makeup. But, mineral powder is about all I can wear for foundation because of having hyper sensitive skin. Every once in a while I get brave and try something else, but always come back to that.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I do. I use foundation to even out the skin tone and some concealer to, well... conceal the dark circles and puffiness... I am naturally very pale and look like a ghost without a bit of color.. I also think I look younger with some makeup on, and my husband likes it... and I'm not going to lie, I prefer the look of my made up self int he mirror better...

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I have deep-set eyes with naturally dark circles, so when I was working I wore eye makeup everyday. Now that I am home most of the time I don't put makeup on, except when I'm going somewhere where I want to look better, like church or a lunch/dinner with friends.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
When I'm at home I don't use make up...
and when I use make-up it is very simple... a foundation, some blush and mascara... very exceptional lipstick.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Not in years. Sometimes I think about wearing it again but I hate the feel of it and it takes too much time. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I think I have run the full makeup marathon. When I was a teen (1980s so glam was big), I wouldn't leave the house without full hair and makeup done. My mom still teases me about how I would bring eyeshadow palettes with me when I was clothes shopping.
When I was a SAHM mom, I didn't bother too much with makeup if I was home, but would still do full-face if I left the house.
Now, if I am home I don't; bother at all. If I have to run an errand in town, tinted moisturizer and maybe a flick of mascara. If I am working or hiking, tinted moisturize (with SPF!), some neutral shadow and eyeliner, light blush, and mascara. It takes me just as long to do a natural face as a made-up one LOL
My goal in life is to have a skincare routine where my skin doesn't need lots of makeup and concealers but I think missed the boat and it's too late.

A bunch of you mentioned dark circles. I don't have a lot of wrinkles. Well, I have a few deep ones on my forehead but they aren't my main concern. I have horrible dark circles and bags under my eyes, had them my entire life. I know they are hereditary, my cousins and my son all have them too.

But what do you do about them? I have tried retinol, moisturizers with caffeine, stick concealer, liquid concealer. I always feel old and tired (wait. I *am* old and tired LOL) when I see myself in the mirror.
Any tips, tricks, suggestions, or products you like, please let me know. :)

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I never use it, only on special occasions. I don't have patience and I don't like wasting time doing it. However, I can't go without a moisturizing cream during the day and night.