Oscraps

Do you use the color wheel?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Do you know what it is? Do you use it? A few years back, I did a challenge that required me to use two complementary colors on the wheel and I remember thinking my layout looked visually more appealing than my usual pages. But since then, I have somewhat forgotten about it... until one came up in my IG feed this morning. I need to give it another chance I think...

The description reads:

The color wheel is a tool that helps designers choose colors that work well together. Colors are arranged in a circular format, with complementary colors opposite each other. By selecting colors that are adjacent to each other or opposite on the color wheel, designers can create harmonious and visually appealing color schemes.

1679049148411.png

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I used to have a great color program on my mac and would use the color wheel then. I've not found anything like it for Windows so I stopped using it.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I use it in my head. I love looking at a color wheel, and am especially drawn to opposite colors.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
No, I don't use it at all! I don't often mix kits and the color choices are already made by the designer. If I do mix products, I just go with what looks right or appeals to me.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
No I don't.
When I scrap with one kit, I trust the designers choices,
when I mix and match I use what I like.

zanthia

CHEERY O
no , as one kit scrappercolors go well toegether and jsut use a photo that i think looks good with the kit colors

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I used to have a great color program on my mac and would use the color wheel then. I've not found anything like it for Windows so I stopped using it.

I know what you mean... CraftArtist - the software I started with - had a 'complementary colors' feature that was great for text, titles, wordart, color overlays for brushes... hasn't seen it anywhere else...

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I just go with my gut for color matching. I worked with the color wheel years ago when I worked for a scrap store and would put together kits for classes I taught, but I don't feel the need to use it anymore.

Kythe

CHEERY O
It is in my head. After so long working as a CT I really have it embedded in my brain. I think it will be the last thing I forget when senility hits.:floorlaugh:

Robloz55

No I don't. I tend to use 1 or 2 complementary or matching kits, and the colors generally sort themselves out.
IE - If it does not clash and it looks good, then it's fine!!