Oscraps

Do you long for a White Christmas?

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I do. It's been years since we had a White Christmas. Every year I hope it will happen, but every years it turns out to be windy and rainy. I love snow, and snow and Christmas, it gives the holidays so much more magic. And I still believe in magic :D

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Oh, it would be nice, I think!! I never had a white Christmas in my life, Portugal is a bit hot for that, LoL

Reactions: AZK

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
We've had some snow, it was actually total chaos a week ago. But, it's warm again, and it's basically just a mush right now. Hoping for more snow before Christmas. I want snow from October/November til February/March please. It gets so dark in Sweden during winter, but the snow helps light the world.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
We've had some snow, it was actually total chaos a week ago. But, it's warm again, and it's basically just a mush right now. Hoping for more snow before Christmas. I want snow from October/November til February/March please. It gets so dark in Sweden during winter, but the snow helps light the world.
O yes, snow lightens up the world. I can image that is nice during a Swedisch winter.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Oh, it would be nice, I think!! I never had a white Christmas in my life, Portugal is a bit hot for that, LoL
No snow at all. But you do live close to the sea. I want to visit Portugal sometime. I think it's a beautiful country!

LSlycord

I would love to have snow for Christmas. Nice fresh, white snow. But, alas, to have snow on Christmas, you need to be willing to take snow for many days...and it turns brown and ugly. So, now that we live in Florida, there will be no snow for us.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
We will know tomorrow. Old Swedish tradition says that if the weather is warm and the snow it slushy tomorrow, then the Christmas will be cold. (and the other way around). This is a saying as old as the earth, it has to be true. LOL

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Snow is beautiful to look at ... and it is nice for the children to play outside ... but I don't like driving through it by car ... and I certainly don't like clearing snow ... If when it snows a few cm, it is immediately chaos in Belgium ...

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I love it when there is snow at Christmas time! Having said that, I don't like driving in it and after the holidays, I'm fine without it. The general feel here in Michigan is that it is probably not going to be a white Christmas, though.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
We lived on the coast of BC (Vancouver area) for most of my life and they get more rain and slush than snow. Every year at Xmas we would hope for snow and only got it a few times over the years. Now that I live in the interior of BC, we get colder temps and lots more snow. We've already had lots of snow and more coming this week. We are really enjoying the white landscape.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
White Christmas is the right kind of Christmas, but the weather rarely cooperates. We get around it by going skiing for Christmas - this way, even if it's rain and slush down there, up in the mountains snow is guaranteed.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
A white Christmas in Oklahoma is a rarity! But we hope for it every year!

1647916_477c2.gif

Amandajk

iu

I grew up having several feet of snow every winter!!! Miss it quite a bit. We have been hearing there is a possibility for it Christmas week. HOPE SO!!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
White Christmas is the right kind of Christmas, but the weather rarely cooperates. We get around it by going skiing for Christmas - this way, even if it's rain and slush down there, up in the mountains snow is guaranteed.
Awh, that's a good way to have a white Christmas. Here in Europe there is hardly enough snow anymore to ski. They need more and more fake snow to get ski, which isn't good for the climate. But I do understand the people who have to live from the tourists coming to ski. Decisions aren't always easy.
I wish you a wonderful white Christmas!!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Snow is beautiful to look at ... and it is nice for the children to play outside ... but I don't like driving through it by car ... and I certainly don't like clearing snow ... If when it snows a few cm, it is immediately chaos in Belgium ...
Same here in the Netherlands. It's like people are panicking a the first sight of snow.