Oscraps

Do you live far from where you were born?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
We live half across the world - literally - from where we were born and where our families are. More than 11,000 km (6,800 miles) across the world kind of thing. It's a work thing, not a whim, and we are planning to move back in a few years once the kids finish school and hubby retires. Weekends and holidays with the family would be nice for a change. What about you?

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I lived about 2,000 km away from my birthplace for 10 years, but now I'm back. I am glad, but still miss my 2nd home.

melscrap

CHEERY O
I live a whole 11061.72 km (6873.43 mile) smiley face away from my home town and my family. I miss weekends and holidays with them!
Screenshot_20230721_180235_Chrome.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I can't imagine being that far from home. I am 45 minutes from where I was born and lived until I got married. My parents still live in the same house that I grew up in.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I live 1,172 miles from where I was born and 1,727 miles from where I spent most of my childhood. I may be the only one, but I hope to never return to live in the town where I spent most of my childhood.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I didn't "grow up" in any one particular place as we moved quite frequently.....and not because my dad was in the services. We just did. I went to 10 different schools. So, I'll just say I currently live about 8 hours SE of where I was born.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
A long way. I doubt I'll ever be back there. When my parents were alive, we made it back there a few times a year.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am living about 200 miles from where I was born. But for 42 years, we lived all across the US and in Egypt. We moved back to our home state 23 years ago to be closer to my parents.

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
I live about as far as is possible from where I was born in the North of England, on almost the exact opposite side of the globe ...

Yesterday I was visiting my parents in their retirement village and I took along a book of black and white photos of our hometown taken in the year I was born, that I found online. To say it is a completely different world is an understatement! Makes me feel very old to be honest LOL.

pam p

I still live in the same county less that 30 minutes away.I often think of old neighbor hood, where I had such a fabulous childhood.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
3642 km from where I was born and grew up in Ontario to British Columbia which has been my home for 45 years.

i-W5G9HxH-L.jpg

janedee

I live 4,500 miles away from where I was born (outside Birmingham, UK) and spent my early years.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I still live in the town where I was Born. The house is gone and replaced by a theatre. It is less than 2 kilometers from where I live now.

Kythe

I live 1278 km from where I was born, High prairie Alberta. Except it is still in Canada, it is a world away in every other aspect .