Oscraps

Do you like sweet and savory?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm a huge fan of sweet and savory. The first dish that comes to mind is chicken and waffles. The syrup drizzled over both - yummmmm. I love mayonnaise and jelly on a cheese sandwich. A Ritz cracker, cube of cheese and some jelly on it is a yummy appetizer, too. I think the first sweet/savory dish I remember was the little meatballs that were simmered in grape jelly and barbeque sauce for hours. How about you..........love it or not?

Last edited:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I love the little sausages in the grape jelly and chili sauce!
I also love syrup on bacon or I love to put jelly on a piece of toast with bacon!
Does that count as a yes to sweet and savory?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Generally I like to keep my sweet and savory separate but I do love baked brie with cranberry jelly - yumm!!!
Oh so do I!! I make that every Christmas and it's SO yummy!! I have this wonderful old plate that I serve it on every year.

baked-brie.jpg

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Absolutely love sweet and savory!! In addition to things like little sausages in bbq, I like chocolate covered bacon, chocolate covered potato chips... pretty much anything covered in chocolate lol

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Absolutely love sweet and savory!! In addition to things like little sausages in bbq, I like chocolate covered bacon, chocolate covered potato chips... pretty much anything covered in chocolate lol
Good stuff, Vicki! Bacon and chocolate - delish beyond delish! I remember the first time I had iced pretzels and just swooned over them.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I love meatballs simmered in grape jelly and chili sauce. Also pepper jelly smeared over cream cheese, on triscuit crackers...yum!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Yes!!! Popcorn and chocolate raisins and Monte Cristo Sandwiches come to mind...

Also swedish meatballs with lingoberry gravy!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes!!! Popcorn and chocolate raisins and Monte Cristo Sandwiches come to mind...

Also swedish meatballs with lingoberry gravy!!
Oh, the Monte Cristo is one of my favorites! We go to a restaurant in town that has those, and I always get one. Popcorn and chocolate, too - yummy!