Oscraps

Do you like Sherlock Holmes books and movies?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes and I imagine many others share my passion. I have enjoyed the various adaptations of Sherlock Holmes over the years, including the TV series Elementary and Sherlock, which both feature excellent performances by their lead actors. Recently, I discovered the books by James Lovegrove, which are written in the original style of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - totally recommend if you are a fan.

I am interested to hear what others think about Sherlock Holmes books and movies. Do you prefer one adaptation over another? Have you discovered any new books or adaptations that you would recommend?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I don't think I have ever read any of the books. I enjoyed those two TV series as well.
I don't really like the original books - I find them somewhat slow... but Lovegrove's books - they are completely new stories - although written in the original style, are better paced and I really enjoyed them.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Crime stories are fun to read... but unfortunately so many recent books are full of gory details that make one feel in their stomach...