Oscraps

Do you have an all time favorite movie?

GraceJ

Weekend and planning to watch a movie, and I chose Passengers (2016), a movie that I've watched repeatedly, to the point that I even know the dialogues :giggle4: , and I wonder, if you also have any, or some favorite movies, that you can simply watch over and over again, and, you just can't get enough of it, and you can enjoy it every time you watch it, if so, which one is it? I have many favorites, like The Rebound (2009), Dirty dancing (1987), Holiday in handcuffs (2007), etc. what's yours?

Freckles67!

Les Miserables. I've seen that movie a zillion times, the music is ICONIC. And every time I hear the intro I get goosebumps. I've also seen the show multiple times in the theatre. You could say it's my guilty pleasure regarding movies/musicals/music.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
That IS a good one, Chris!!! :floorlaugh:

Ah man, movies are just like music for me...I can't pick just one that is my favorite! So that means I am about to list out several, of course...:giggle4:

The Neverending Story
Labyrinth
The Greatest Showman
Never Been Kissed
Dirty Dancing
Zombie Land
Warm Bodies
Clueless
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club

I know there are more but my brain needs coffee :coffee1::giggle4:

AK_Tracy

Clue! Hands down Clue!!! I think I have watched it 1 million times. I love the random ending option. I love Anne of Green Gables, the original 6 hours long Pride and Prejudice. Dirty Dancing, Grease might be my most watched movie to date. I use to watch it daily as a kid. Pretty woman. I use to watch Beaches when I needed a cry but haven't seen it in a long time. Adventures in babysitting!!!

GraceJ

Les Miserables. I've seen that movie a zillion times, the music is ICONIC. And every time I hear the intro I get goosebumps. I've also seen the show multiple times in the theatre. You could say it's my guilty pleasure regarding movies/musicals/music.
I totally agree the music is amazing!

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I have a few movies that I like to watch over and over again, but my absolute favorite is Once Upon a Time in the West ...

GraceJ

That IS a good one, Chris!!! :floorlaugh:

Ah man, movies are just like music for me...I can't pick just one that is my favorite! So that means I am about to list out several, of course...:giggle4:

The Neverending Story
Labyrinth
The Greatest Showman
Never Been Kissed
Dirty Dancing
Zombie Land
Warm Bodies
Clueless
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club

I know there are more but my brain needs coffee :coffee1::giggle4:
Same here, I am a real movie addict, same like music. Labyrinth was one of the very first movies that I can remember, that I watched in theater and in video player (beta format, lol).
I LOVE Drew's movies, and of course Never been kissed is one of my faves, the last one that I watched, were she appeared was A castle for Christmas (2021), I wish Drew had acted more in the movie, but as always she was great, and the movie was funny.
Many of your faves are mine too :lovey3::cloud9:
I haven't watched The Breakfast Club, but I guess is a good movie, so I'm gonna try to find it, and watch it.

GraceJ

Clue! Hands down Clue!!! I think I have watched it 1 million times. I love the random ending option. I love Anne of Green Gables, the original 6 hours long Pride and Prejudice. Dirty Dancing, Grease might be my most watched movie to date. I use to watch it daily as a kid. Pretty woman. I use to watch Beaches when I needed a cry but haven't seen it in a long time. Adventures in babysitting!!!
I love Pride and prejudice, Dirty dancing, Pretty woman, Adventures in babysitting and of course Grease, actually when we were in high school, and it was mandatory to put on a play, we chose Grease, we sang all the songs, and tried to dance like John and Olivia, difficult it was! but I do love all the songs from Grease :lovey3::cloud9:
Clue is a good black comedy movie, I remember that I watched and I was intrigued about the end.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
My girls and I have a few that we've watched so many times that we know all of the lines. Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Liar, Liar, As Good as it Gets, Can't Buy Me Love, Ferris Buehler's Day Off, Napoleon Dynamite. :lol23:

GraceJ

My girls and I have a few that we've watched so many times that we know all of the lines. Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Liar, Liar, As Good as it Gets, Can't Buy Me Love, Ferris Buehler's Day Off, Napoleon Dynamite. :lol23:
Great movies! when you mentioned Napoleon Dynamite, I remembered when Pedro says his speech "if you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true" :floorlaugh: and then Napoleon dance masterfuly Jamiroquai's song dance4 I really loved that scene, so very good dancer.

GraceJ

I don't know if I've seen any of the ones mentioned so far. But off the top of my head, two all time favorites were
Juliet of the Spirits (Fellini's first color movie) and
The Great Escape.
Since those are from the 1960s, you can see where I'm coming from.
I haven't seen Juliet, but very often I watched Steve's McQueen movies, he was an extraordinary actor! it was a real pleasure watch his movies, my mom loves his movies. The great escape is a good movie.

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Oh yes, I watched Grease a lot growing up! My step dad worked at a TV repair shop and they had this machine that he brought home that played these HUGE movie discs...they were the size of a regular large LP music record and were in a hard case. You inserted the case into the front of the machine and removed it so the movie disc was then inside of the machine, and half way through the movie you reinserted the case, flipped it over, and it put back in again! I have never seen one of those since! We only had a few of those movie discs and Grease was my favorite one :lovey3:

AK_Tracy

Oh yes, I watched Grease a lot growing up! My step dad worked at a TV repair shop and they had this machine that he brought home that played these HUGE movie discs...they were the size of a regular large LP music record and were in a hard case. You inserted the case into the front of the machine and removed it so the movie disc was then inside of the machine, and half way through the movie you reinserted the case, flipped it over, and it put back in again! I have never seen one of those since! We only had a few of those movie discs and Grease was my favorite one :lovey3:
I've never heard of that!! Kind of cool though. My dad had the very first "dish tv" they offered in 1980 and it was called visions. Very first VCR they bought they recorded Grease and oh I almost wore out the tape. Now I have it on DVD and I still love it. I had a record of all the songs, tape of all the songs, VHS, DVD and streaming LOL Yep, favorite movie. Wasn't until I was an adult that I realized and wondered why my parents let me watch at 7 yo. :giggle4:

tanteva

Mistress of Mayhem
I have so many favorites!
Notting Hill
Dirty Dancing
Terminator (2 is the best, but I love them all)
Matrix trilogy
Beautiful Thing
Latter Days
Kill Bill 1&2
Kate & Leopold
Educating Rita
Dogma
French Kiss

And all those 90s action comedies, like True Lies, Long Kiss Good Night, Jumpin Jack Flash, Demolition Man, Calendar Girl and so on.

I could go on for hours ...

mimes1

CHEERY O
Ella Enchanted is an all time favorite. I don't watch too many movies, and even fewer do I watch more than once. But this one is alot of fun and has been watched many times!

Caro

CHEERY O
2005 Pride And Prejudice is mine! I have watched it probably 100 times and I still DIE every time the Darcy walking through the field scene shows at the end.
:lovey3::lovey3::lovey3::lovey3:
HByAy1U.gif

Caro

CHEERY O
2005 Pride And Prejudice is mine! I have watched it probably 100 times and I still DIE every time the Darcy walking through the field scene shows at the end.
:lovey3::lovey3::lovey3::lovey3:
HByAy1U.gif
I'm actually a sucker for all Jane Austen novel movies.
Sense and Sensibility is my second favorite movie I can watch tons of times and I also love Emma and Mansfield Park.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Sense and Sensibility is my second favorite movie I can watch tons of times and I also love Emma and Mansfield Park.
Oh yes, Sense and Sensibility is another favorite of mine...I have watched it several times, as well! We had the VHS tape when my first two were little and we didn't have cable TV so I would watch it at least once or twice a week! lol

GraceJ

I too love Jane Austen novel movies, my faves are Emma (1996 & 2020, both versions are great), Bridget Jone's Diary, Pride & prejudice, Love & friendship, Sense & sensibility (Emma's performance is extraordinary), Persuasion, and Jane Austen's Emma