Oscraps

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? If so , what do you usually do?

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Through Ancestry.com, I actually found out we had some royalty way, way, way back, from Ireland and Scotland! However, the biggest thing I do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is to wear green and decorate my house. What do you do to celebrate the day? I would love some new ideas or recipes!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We're actually quite a bit Irish - but I don't do anything special for St. Patrick's Day. I was just thinking (this morning) that I don't own any clothing that's green even if I wanted to wear it. Haha When I was younger and partied, we always took advantage of going out and drinking green beer.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
We're actually quite a bit Irish - but I don't do anything special for St. Patrick's Day. I was just thinking (this morning) that I don't own any clothing that's green even if I wanted to wear it. Haha When I was younger and partied, we always took advantage of going out and drinking green beer.
I'm planning to wear green tomorrow and dress my baby granddaughter in green since I watch her. I feel like I should do more. When I taught school we would watch "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". I also love "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Maybe we will watch one of those tomorrow!

zanthia

CHEERY O
not irish but where i live now there are lots of parades. Usually try to go to at least one . last saturday was supposed to go and march in a larger one with a dog group but the weather was wet and cold so i didnt go ( quite a few people did cancel because of the weather) then on sunday went to a small parade. .

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
not irish but where i live now there are lots of parades. Usually try to go to at least one . last saturday was supposed to go and march in a larger one with a dog group but the weather was wet and cold so i didnt go ( quite a few people did cancel because of the weather) then on sunday went to a small parade. .
That sounds like so much fun! I have never been to a St. Patrick's Day parade! I love Celtic music and Irish dancing so I am sure the parades are just as amazing!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am not Irish and my DH is just a smidge. We don't typically do anything for St Patrick's Day. I will make corned beef but it doesn't have to be on any particular day. I only buy it this one time a year because it is on sale. LOL! DDH and DS both love it and I will usually have one bite. I used to like it but I don't/can't eat beef anymore.

OTOH, my sister-in-law is Irish and her family celebrates in a *big* way. We went to a parade and party once it was fun, chaotic, and cold

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
last saturday was supposed to go and march in a larger one with a dog group but the weather was wet and cold so i didnt go ( quite a few people did cancel because of the weather) then on sunday went to a small parade. .
That would have been so darn cute!