Oscraps

Do you buy in stores or online?

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I really like to go shopping from time to time. I love the stores that are a bit different, like hippy style, or african style. But I live in a small town and we don't have too many stores here, let alone unique stores.
I will have to go to the city, but I don't have time for that, and my husband doesn't like shopping which means I will have to go alone.
So I usually end up behind my laptop or phone.
Right now I am looking for boots for the coming winter. I went to town this morning, but couldn't find any I liked.
Now I'm looking online. I have added like a dozen to my favorites, and tomorrow I will decide which I like best.
Shopping online is easy, but somehow I do miss the shopping I used to do. Going to stores, feel the fabrics, discovering someting special.

What do you prefer?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I used to love going shopping for clothes and shoes etc. But covid took all the fun out of that didn’t it!! Now I do a bit of both online and in store. We are fortunate to have some really great and unique shops here in our little corner of the world and I do still prefer to try on something before I buy it. I am slowly getting back into shopping local more and starting to enjoy it a bit more. My DH does not like shopping either, so I usually end up going on my own and then spend far too much :giggle4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am like Trudy, I do a mix of both. I like to shop at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods in person because there is always different stuff there than in a mall. And they are discounted too- which is my favorite.
I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. I love that I can get just about anything I need quickly but I hate their business practices.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I am like Trudy, I do a mix of both. I like to shop at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods in person because there is always different stuff there than in a mall. And they are discounted too- which is my favorite.
I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. I love that I can get just about anything I need quickly but I hate their business practices.
O, I agree on the Amazon. It's just horrible when something is wrong and you have to contact them. Guess there is not much difference between the Dutch and American Amazon :mad:

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I used to love going shopping for clothes and shoes etc. But covid took all the fun out of that didn’t it!! Now I do a bit of both online and in store. We are fortunate to have some really great and unique shops here in our little corner of the world and I do still prefer to try on something before I buy it. I am slowly getting back into shopping local more and starting to enjoy it a bit more. My DH does not like shopping either, so I usually end up going on my own and then spend far too much :giggle4:
In the Netherlands online shopping was already a thing before Covid. But Covid did make it even more popular. A lot of shops, especially for clothing are closed now, because people buy more and more online. That makes going to the city for shopping less fun.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I love to go shopping ... but no longer in the city... the parking fees are way too high... and from where I live they are too difficult to reach by public transport...
I will never buy shoes online... they have to fit well (I have a wide foot with a high instep.)
I always buy my shoes in the same store. They also have an online shop and before I leave I look at home to see what I like....
I buy clothes, pants, etc. online... and rarely have to return anything.

I have never bought clothes at Amazon Belgium or the Netherlands...
I have already sent items back to Amazon... for one of the online shops where you can make a return without any problems and get your money back very quickly...

zanthia

CHEERY O
i could never buy clothes or shoes on line - you just dont know if it would fit and shoes would be teh worst . as it is more than half the shoes i try on at stores in my size are no good .

Others things i can buy online such as household things and electronics as price is cheaper than going in person to the stores

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I do both, as well, for clothes. I live in a rural area, close to a small town. We're so lucky to have several unique boutiques and a few locally owned larger stores. The boutiques are very reasonably priced and we have several really cool resale shops, as well. I got two pairs of Lulu Laroe yoga pants last week and my total was $7.98. As for Amazon - I love "Try Before You Buy" and use that quite often.

LSlycord

I was never much of a shopper...I didn't enjoy it. However, with Amazon, I feel like I am constantly shopping. :rolleyes: But it is so convenient! Monday morning I realized that we needed to replace the filters on our air fresheners...by Monday night they were on my front step. It is really quite amazing to me. I even do most of my grocery shopping online.

I guess that I'm not much different than my grandmother...she used to get things shipped from Montgomery Wards catalogs...a lot!!! And my mother would tell her to stop wasting her money like that. Thanks for that memory...it made me smile!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I do both, as well, for clothes. I live in a rural area, close to a small town. We're so lucky to have several unique boutiques and a few locally owned larger stores. The boutiques are very reasonably priced and we have several really cool resale shops, as well. I got two pairs of Lulu Laroe yoga pants last week and my total was $7.98. As for Amazon - I love "Try Before You Buy" and use that quite often.
O I love resale shop. Love to wander around, looking at all the stuff they sell. Especially the old stuff from my mums or grandmums time I like a lot!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I was never much of a shopper...I didn't enjoy it. However, with Amazon, I feel like I am constantly shopping. :rolleyes: But it is so convenient! Monday morning I realized that we needed to replace the filters on our air fresheners...by Monday night they were on my front step. It is really quite amazing to me. I even do most of my grocery shopping online.

I guess that I'm not much different than my grandmother...she used to get things shipped from Montgomery Wards catalogs...a lot!!! And my mother would tell her to stop wasting her money like that. Thanks for that memory...it made me smile!
I've started ordering my groceries online too. So easy to have it all delivered at home. Even the fruit and vegetables are good!