Oscraps

Discussion: Using Oscraps and non-Oscraps products as per guidelines

helenedubois

helenedubois
I have removed my name from the forum and gallery rules because although I have read them I really feel I do not understand them.
I have always enjoyed creating for Oscraps. I love the products (I followed Anna from Designer Digitals) and I love the artists that create wonderful pages and leave warm and inspiring comments. I learn much from the designers tutorials.
On February 2, 2019 reginafalagno posted 7 pages. Although she is a designer if there is a rule it should apply to all.
I have purchased products from your shop and that designer is no longer with you. I think with my purchase I should be able to use those products no matter where they have gone and that it should apply to the goal of the page. I really do not want to start looking around to see where or if they are selling their wares somewhere else.
I am stunned by the template being 15% of the page. How much is a piece of paper? a mask? a flower? I realize you are in business to make money but I also thought your goal was to encourage artists. This idea of each item as a percentage seem very stifling.
I look forward to your answers to my questions.

helenedubois
Pamela Grady

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I can understand you, we'll talk about it again behind the scenes and talk to you soon !

I have removed my name from the forum and gallery rules because although I have read them I really feel I do not understand them.
I have always enjoyed creating for Oscraps. I love the products (I followed Anna from Designer Digitals) and I love the artists that create wonderful pages and leave warm and inspiring comments. I learn much from the designers tutorials.
On February 2, 2019 reginafalagno posted 7 pages. Although she is a designer if there is a rule it should apply to all.
I have purchased products from your shop and that designer is no longer with you. I think with my purchase I should be able to use those products no matter where they have gone and that it should apply to the goal of the page. I really do not want to start looking around to see where or if they are selling their wares somewhere else.
I am stunned by the template being 15% of the page. How much is a piece of paper? a mask? a flower? I realize you are in business to make money but I also thought your goal was to encourage artists. This idea of each item as a percentage seem very stifling.

helenedubois
Pamela Grady

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O

helenedubois
Pamela Grady
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pamela, I have moved your post out of the Gallery guideline thread to here so that we can better discuss and answer your questions.

Firstly, with the number of layouts posted by Regina, you are correct, there certainly was more than the 5 layouts. We apologise for that, it seems there was a box left unticked in the back end of the system which allowed this to happen, normally the system would stop the user from posting more than 5 layouts. Unfortunately this happened with a couple of other users as well. That problem has now been fixed within the system so it should not happen again.

As to your other concerns:

Purchasing a product from a designer who then leaves is not something we have control over but it doesn't mean that you can not use their products in your layouts. As it states in the second guideline :-

• Please credit ALL the products you have used, for a non-Oscraps designer please mention their name but not their store
You are still able to use non-Oscrap designer products on a page, you just can't use 100% of that designer's products. We apologise if that was not clear so we have added some clarification to this first guideline.

• All layouts uploaded after February 1, 2019 must contain at least 50% Oscraps products (a template equates to 15%).

To:

• All layouts uploaded after February 1, 2019 must contain at least 50% Oscraps products that are current in the store (a template equates to 15%).
So as long as your page contains a min of 50% products from designers who are currently selling at Oscraps then that is not a problem, you can use non-Oscraps designer products but please remember to credit all the products used. List the designers but not the outside store they are selling from.

I hope this now makes more sense, and thanks for bringing this up, we really do like to know when we haven't made something clear to our valued members. :smile:

As to the template being equal to 15% of your layout. This is only a number to give people some indication of what would be considered 50% of Oscraps, it is not meant to put any other numerical value on the individual Oscraps products you can use. In the past, under the old guideline, people were using an Oscraps template to showcase another designer's products. Templates are often 'hidden' on a layout, what draws your eye in the first place are the products that are used on the template. We are hoping that people will come to see that templates only play a small (but important) role in a layout, hence the 15% value.

Does that answer your questions and concerns Pamela? Please let us know if you still have any questions and we hope to see your creative layouts in the gallery in the future. :smile: