Oscraps

Did you get April Fooled today?!?!?!

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
So today is April Fool's Day and I've already read / seen a couple of on-line "pranks" ... do you get involved?

This is one of my favourites ...

cubicle-wrapped-in-Christmas-paper-1.jpg

Can you imagine how long it must've taken to wrap the entire desk space?!?!?! LOL

What's the funniest prank you've seen / heard / read about?

hondachicc

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not be that committed to a joke!! :pound:

I don't ever remember anyone ever getting me on an April Fools joke....but I have pulled a couple on my kids....Best one was when I told my DD Sharon I was pregnant when she was 17 yo.....she was LESS THAN THRILLED WITH ME....but I told her "Do you realize what today is?" then she laughed at me...she is a good sport!!

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
In France we call it "Poisson d'avril" (April's fish)
traditionnaly, kids cut paper fishes and try to tape tem in the back of everyone
(my kids have not tried this morning ...). A couple of years back a colleague spent most of the day at work with a fish taped down his back.... LOL

And we also play pratcial jokes on one another ...
Cédric came to me this morning and told me "Mom, I've been having terrible grades at school lately". Only he had this huuuuuuge smile on his face, so even if I had not known he's doing great at school, I wouldn't have been fooled. But I just pretended and said "well that's a problem, what can we do about it ? " and he proudly shouted "poisson d'avril !" and ran through the house telling his sisters how he fooled me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiliki

as far as I know....no.....unless dh telling me that he is leaving tomorrow for a month is his way of "fooling" me....I will not be impressed if that is the case LOL

neatfreak

In France we call it "Poisson d'avril" (April's fish)
traditionnaly, kids cut paper fishes and try to tape tem in the back of everyone
(my kids have not tried this morning ...). A couple of years back a colleague spent most of the day at work with a fish taped down his back.... LOL

And we also play pratcial jokes on one another ...
Cédric came to me this morning and told me "Mom, I've been having terrible grades at school lately". Only he had tis huuuuuuge smile on his face, so even if I had not know he's doing great at school, I wouldn't have been fooled. But I just pretended and said "well that's a problem, what can we do about it ? " and he proudly shouted "poisson d'avril !" and ran through the house telling his siters how he fooled me :)

oh that is so sweet, kids just love april fools. :rockon:

trista

O so scrappy!
That is quite funny. I saw one of a cubicle that had been plastic wrapped closed and filled to the top with packing peanuts. hahahaha and oh what a mess!!

I got the kids good yesterday. It took a little prep Sunday night.
After they went to bed I switched all of the cereal bags into different boxes.
Then I poured DS favorite cereal into a bowl and added a spoon and milk, then froze it.
I also poured their juice added a straw and froze them as well. I sliced a banana in the peel. I got the instructions from pinterest as well as many of the ideas here.
Next I started on their lunches...
I made a turkey sandwich and a pb&j sandwich. Then I cut them and put half of each in the kids' sandwich containers.
I opened up bags of fritos from the bottom, emptied them and filled them with cheetos, then resealed the bags with my scrapbook adhesive.

It was a really fun day. The kids want me to do it again today.

CraftyButtonDesigns

My kids are almost big enough for April Fool's fun but nothing big yet. My hubby and I were picking out a show on Netflix and saw that one of our favorite Sci FI shows "Firefly" showed that "New Episodes" banner across the main image. The show was unfairly cancelled years ago so we were like "What!?!" and then realized it was a Netflix April Fools Joke. No fair.

-Amber