Oscraps

Deciduus (no, not a typo …!)

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
lgrieveson-deciduus-20.jpg

I suspect I may have been "too clever" when naming my latest ColorPlay Collection … but before you email me about a typo, it's actually the Latin word used for falling leaves (and is the source of the word deciduous). :) I don't know, but somehow Deciduous just felt a bit too prosaic and narrow, and Latin "hits differently", especially for nature and botanical stuff.

Anyway, appropriately, there are lots of leaves in the collection, because I love using them on layouts myself.

And to me, using large, shadowed elements like twigs and berries, and large leaves is part of a long tradition stretching back hundreds and hundreds of years of ‘trompe l’oeil’ (“deceiving the eye”) in art.

And well as the realistic foliage, there are lots of other mixed media details and papers which I used for scrapping photos old and new:

Speaking of trompe l’oeil, the long tradition of double exposure photography surprisingly dates back as far as the 1860s and was popular with makers of postcards, such as this one I found in a French market. I made the background from paper and mixed media from the collection, and printed some of the leaves onto brown butcher's paper.

Thanks for taking a peek :) Here's the collection BTW:

lgrieveson-deciduus-bundle-smaller.jpg

Deciduus Collection

PS I'd love it if you considered signing up for my email newsletter for updates on my releases, some creative inspiration and articles. There's going to be lots of stuff happening there so I'd love you to join the tribe :)

FloridaGranny

View attachment 428969

I suspect I may have been "too clever" when naming my latest ColorPlay Collection … but before you email me about a typo, it's actually the Latin word used for falling leaves (and is the source of the word deciduous). :) I don't know, but somehow Deciduous just felt a bit too prosaic and narrow, and Latin "hits differently", especially for nature and botanical stuff.

Anyway, appropriately, there are lots of leaves in the collection, because I love using them on layouts myself.

And to me, using large, shadowed elements like twigs and berries, and large leaves is part of a long tradition stretching back hundreds and hundreds of years of ‘trompe l’oeil’ (“deceiving the eye”) in art.

And well as the realistic foliage, there are lots of other mixed media details and papers which I used for scrapping photos old and new:

Speaking of trompe l’oeil, the long tradition of double exposure photography surprisingly dates back as far as the 1860s and was popular with makers of postcards, such as this one I found in a French market. I made the background from paper and mixed media from the collection, and printed some of the leaves onto brown butcher's paper.

Thanks for taking a peek :) Here's the collection BTW:

View attachment 428981

Deciduus Collection

PS I'd love it if you considered signing up for my email newsletter for updates on my releases, some creative inspiration and articles. There's going to be lots of stuff happening there so I'd love you to join the tribe :)
It's a lovely Collection! And I'm happy to have learned a new Latin word, too! :)

Rachel Jefferies

Designer
Designer
What a fab collection Lynn full of texture and rich colours with those soft greens. Love your naming, love your layouts and love your hybrid, those printed leaves look amazing! xx